So, you want light rims?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

One pothole and they're fucked.

Originally posted by 2000Si@May 25 2005, 09:12 PM
[post=503606]Quoted post[/post]​

Q: Are your wheels DOT approved?
A: They have passed every D.O.T. test including: (a) Radial Fatigue Standard test is 2.5 million cycles ours passed 5 million (B) Cornering Fatigue 1.2 million cycles © Radial impact testing (this is the one that everyone worries about) our wheel exceeded the impact test by 60KG which has never been done before. (d) A repeat of A, B, C with low profile tire... this test not required by JWL or BSAU (e) Additional impact on unsupported inner flange without tire ( no wheel has ever passed this before our wheel) (f) CASS test environmental chamber designed to add age to the wheel (g) Repeat A, B, C on wheel post CASS test After all testing the wheel was pressure tested to assure no micro cracks This wheel compared to the Z06 wheel was twice as strong and held up better in impact testing then the Z06 wheels and we did it without the center spokes we also did all the same testing once again with only 1 support bolt in each spoke rather then the normal 2

damn, those are some light ass wheels. they should make some really light wheels for our hondas. like really light like those, but not as exoensive.lol.

Originally posted by swanny+May 25 2005, 08:13 PM-->
@May 25 2005, 09:12 PM
[post=503606]Quoted post[/post]​

Q: Are your wheels DOT approved?
A: They have passed every D.O.T. test including: (a) Radial Fatigue Standard test is 2.5 million cycles ours passed 5 million (B) Cornering Fatigue 1.2 million cycles © Radial impact testing (this is the one that everyone worries about) our wheel exceeded the impact test by 60KG which has never been done before. (d) A repeat of A, B, C with low profile tire... this test not required by JWL or BSAU (e) Additional impact on unsupported inner flange without tire ( no wheel has ever passed this before our wheel) (f) CASS test environmental chamber designed to add age to the wheel (g) Repeat A, B, C on wheel post CASS test After all testing the wheel was pressure tested to assure no micro cracks This wheel compared to the Z06 wheel was twice as strong and held up better in impact testing then the Z06 wheels and we did it without the center spokes we also did all the same testing once again with only 1 support bolt in each spoke rather then the normal 2
[post=503609]Quoted post[/post]​

joking > you

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@May 25 2005, 10:48 PM
hrmmm..... something for the sti??

lol yeah right
[post=503720]Quoted post[/post]​

Go for it B... after all your stock rims were "curbed" (aka lightly scratched and not anywhere near noticable unless your eyes are touching the rim)... :ph34r:

stronger sure, and badass.

I'd worry about one scratch causing a stress crack and ruining a $1500 wheel. Any compound that hard is bound to break, but it needs a place to start.

Im thinkin that if a guy spent that much money on a set of those rims, those bitches would be track only. Thats the way I would do it anyways.

if you can buy a z06 and if you can pay 6k for rims. who gives a fuck if one cracks? buy a new one.

Originally posted by Drake@May 26 2005, 07:35 AM
Im thinkin that if a guy spent that much money on a set of those rims, those bitches would be track only. Thats the way I would do it anyways.
[post=503780]Quoted post[/post]​

I'm thinking if someone had 6 grand to blow on rims, he wouldn't be to put out by breaking one.

:eek:

Wonder if we can convince then to make those in 13 and 14" 4x100 :D 5lb wheels!

I like that their 6k a set and it says their sold out. What, did they only make 1 set? How many people could possibly be buying those???

Originally posted by E-dogg@May 26 2005, 12:18 PM
I like that their 6k a set and it says their sold out. What, did they only make 1 set? How many people could possibly be buying those???
[post=503909]Quoted post[/post]​

Far more people than you would ever expect.

6k for a set of rims if thats what you want out of your life isn't that terrible.

Originally posted by E-dogg@May 26 2005, 06:18 PM
[post=503909]Quoted post[/post]​

I would truely not be surprised if my dad bought a set for his.

$6000 for rims on a $60,000 car > $2000 on a $3000 car.

Back