SOHC 3.5L V6 vtec into an S2000?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Status
Not open for further replies.

JoshS2000

C35A1 SOHC 3.5L V6 vtec into my S2000? Possible? Would I be able to convert to i-vtec?

thanks

I am interested in buying a used motor and stripping it or building up a block before I get a car. At first my wife and I were set on a Prelude but given the S2000 has some more room, I thought of starting off and building off something with more base horse. I want to create a unique car, I plan on supercharging it, reupholstering the entire interior, adding nitrous, veilside body, creating a more flatpanel dash and gauge cluster, perhaps custom digital gauges. I've pretty much taken care of how I would like it to look, I'm just focusing on engine possibilities, gears, 6 spd tranny, oh and I am left handed so I would really like to put in a right hand drive.

Thoughts? :(

s2000 more room than a prelude??? thats a new one.. the lude has back seats , the s2000 doesnt..

Hmm. Interesting idea. I don't know if it would work or not. I don't even know the dimensions of the C35A. One of the problems you would have to deal with are fabricating pretty much custom everything. You have the challenge of putting an engine into the S2000 that wasn't meant to be like that at all from the factory, plus the C35A is a front wheel drive setup and the F20/22C is a rear wheel drive setup. Depending on the location of all your accessories, you might have to fab up something really weird to take care of your AC and alternator.

Good luck.

I don't know about changin it to a right hand drive, but I'm from kenya and we imported all our cars from japan and they come as RHD. I don't know about importing cars here as far as the price goes, but I think it would be easier if you just imported a right hand drive from Japan. I would say it's probably easier to deal with emissions issues than changin a car froma LHD to a RHD. I don't know though, just a thought.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back