Sohc Vtec

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

cerx

Is it worth putting a sohc vtec (95 ex head) on a crx hf block, WIll i be able to rev as high? WIll i gain enuff power to make it woth it? WIll i be able to hear vtec kick? I i can get a complete head package for 200 dollars, if its not worth it what other kind of suggestions would anyone have for pulling some pwoer out of my d series motor because i cant decide if i wanna go b16 or stay d series for a while. No one in my town hase a solid d series motor and i just wanna do something different.

THanks

koi_killa

Is it worht it? Well that all depends on the amount of power you want to make. You will gain some power, and make a few more than a stock d16. You ill also be able to rev higher, due to the relativley short rod. One thing you should deffinatley thing about it new rods. d15 rods a like toothpicks, and if you stress them they will break. Hope this helps

Zee

P.S. I have a d15 myself and plan on doing the mini me swap as well. hehe

cerx

When you say rods, what kind of rods should i put in, i have another article going about putting ls rods into my d series motor, is it possible. THe other thing you left unanswered was will i be able to hear vtec kick and feel it pull.

THanks alot for your help.

teal_dx

Originally posted by cerx@Feb 10 2003, 12:19 AM
THe other thing you left unanswered was will i be able to hear vtec kick and feel it pull.

if you put a vtec head & right ecu in and you wire it up correctly, you will hear & feel vtec. if you wanna hear it louder get a short ram intake.

xj0hnx

I wanna be sedated
VIP
Originally posted by cerx@Feb 10 2003, 06:19 AM
When you say rods, what kind of rods should i put in, i have another article going about putting ls rods into my d series motor, is it possible. THe other thing you left unanswered was will i be able to hear vtec kick and feel it pull.

THanks alot for your help.

You can't put just any LS rods in it has to be the 1st gen I believe there was some talk about this in the engine building forum.And I don't know if it was in reference to a D15 or D16.

red95solsi

you can put the 1st gen ls rods in it the ones that are in the d16a1 dohc nonvtec should be easy to find at a junkyard