Some incar footage from the weekend

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

B16

VIP
Well, the weekend started off great, the Sol felt really good. That is until it lost all oil pressure. At the end of the 2nd session (clip posted) right after I pass that yellow ITR it dropped out of vtec. Soon after the oil light came on. I have yet to pull the pan off and really check it out, but I'm assuming its the pump since there is 0 oil pressure. I think the motor is OK, it didn't sound any different at all when before I shut it down for good. But the new RA1's fucking kick ass, thats all I can say. I didn't really feel faster, but i was carrying much more speed than usual around the track. Anyways, here is a pretty long clip, about 18 minutes long of my 2nd session, only one i got on tape. Its about 30mb so watch if you like, might get boring, I dunno :p.

ftp://ftp.westcoastbeauty.com/pub/mike/tHillHondaDies.wmv
 
very nice vid...sound was awesome as well. I don't know much about your set up but you were passing everyone up lol I know most of it is your driving but were some of those cars really that slow? you kept passing them like nothing. the guy in the Yellow Type R seemed like he just started road racing because he was in the middle of the track the most of the time lol

:thumbsup:
 

B16

VIP
Originally posted by B16RacerN2NR+Jun 28 2005, 12:50 AM-->
very nice vid...sound was awesome as well.  I don't know much about your set up but you were passing everyone up lol I know most of it is your driving but were some of those cars really that slow?  you kept passing them like nothing.  the guy in the Yellow Type R seemed like he just started road racing because he was in the middle of the track the most of the time lol

:thumbsup:
[post=517267]Quoted post[/post]​
Haha, ya, I noticed I was passing everyone too. I think its time for me to move up to the advanced group. I'm still running with intermediate which is limited passing but opens up to open passing by the end of the day. The motor is a 96 spec R motor with Toda 12.3:1 pistons tuned on hondata with regular bolt ons, rest of the motor is stock. Tranny is 4.78 final drive and i have an ATS clutch type LSD in there. No 1st gear though, the tranny needs to be rebuilt. I'm sure you can hear the 2nd gear grind when I downshift in turn 11.
Yes, that R had some pretty bad lines.

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Jun 28 2005, 06:00 AM
dl'ing

lol-- i forogot about you being a beautician :p
[post=517316]Quoted post[/post]​

lol, I don't work for them anymore, i'm working at VeriSign now. I just use their FTP space and bandwidth. They never disabled my account nor changed the root password on that machine, so I take advantage. :p

Originally posted by E_SolSi@Jun 28 2005, 07:49 AM
great video
thats a pretty good sized track :thumbsup:
[post=517355]Quoted post[/post]​

Thanks man. That is my favorite track, I learned to drive on that thing. Its a 3.0 mile course, 15 turns.

CiViC_SOHC
@Jun 28 2005, 08:14 AM
good video man awesome driving too....what kinda tires and suspension you got on that thing man I heard barely any squeaking of the tires...
[post=517359]Quoted post[/post]​

Thanks. I'm running B's favorite, Tein HA's that are all rusted to shit. They still do their job though. I'm using Toyo RA1's for tires, my first time on them. They are badass.
 

B16

VIP
Originally posted by HatchSpeeD@Jun 28 2005, 09:19 AM
Dl'ing...What kind of tires did you use in the past? Azenis?
[post=517384]Quoted post[/post]​

Azenis, then moved to Kuhmo MX's (hold heat better than the 215's, not sure about the new ones though)
 

E_SolSi

Moderator
VIP
Originally posted by B16@Jun 28 2005, 12:47 PM
Haha, ya, I noticed I was passing everyone too. I think its time for me to move up to the advanced group. I'm still running with intermediate which is limited passing but opens up to open passing by the end of the day
[post=517372]Quoted post[/post]​



definatly seemed to be out classing a lot of the other drivers out there
excelent driving
 

B16

VIP
Originally posted by 92b16vx@Jun 28 2005, 04:43 PM
Nice, did you lap the red 944 or were there two?
[post=517658]Quoted post[/post]​

Hmm... hopefully 2 differen't cars. I couldn't imagine lapping anyone, lol. I guess he could have pulled off into the hot pits, but I'm not that quick :p
 
A question though, and granted I was somewhat distracted while watching, but did you mostly stay in 3rd gear and then barely get to 4th a few times?
 

B16

VIP
Originally posted by HatchSpeeD@Jul 1 2005, 09:32 AM
Looks like 3rd, 4th, then 5th briefly on the straightaway.
[post=519172]Quoted post[/post]​

Yup!
I actually hit 5th gear on the back straight too. About 1/2 the course is in 4th gear.
 
Nice driving, very clean lines. I'll agree though, that field really didn't have shit on you that day. What was the black car in front you at the beginning?
 

B16

VIP
Originally posted by wanderinman@Jul 1 2005, 11:27 AM
Nice driving, very clean lines. I'll agree though, that field really didn't have shit on you that day. What was the black car in front you at the beginning?
[post=519270]Quoted post[/post]​

I "think" it was a 914
 
Top