Spark plug question

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Status
Not open for further replies.

dohcvtec_accord

WRX Sellout
Alright, so none of the auto parts places around me carry the NGK Platinum plugs for my engine (92-96 JDM H22A). Some can order them with a 10-day lead time, and some can't even order them.

What NGK copper tipped plug can I substitute? If any? :blink:

inlinefour.com has them for $50.00 a set + shipping, and they have 2nd day air for $11 to Arizona, I dunno how much farther you are from CA. I also live about 3 mins from inlinefour, so I could maybe ship you a set if you want.

i dont think that they are copper tiped but hparts.com has OEM honda ngk plugs, bought mine about a week ago and they arrived yesterday

are oem spark plugs normaly gaped to specs when you buy them?

Thanks for the info, I finally got a guy at Honda to cross-reference and find me a set of copper-tipped. I think I want to stay away from the platinums. Cheers.

Originally posted by asmallsol@Dec 20 2002, 12:05 PM
are oem spark plugs normaly gaped to specs when you buy them?

Not usually, the setting is .033 for my 5g civic, tho--not sure if it's the same for all Hondas.

Originally posted by dohcvtec_accord@Dec 20 2002, 11:40 AM
I think it's .044 for all Hondas....

Nope- they're different. Check under your hood for the little sticker. It tells you how much you should gap to.

please refrain from commenting in SUPER DEAD threads.

Locked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back