speed in 1/4 was 91.96

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

red95solsi

do i have room to learn more i ran a 14.968 at 91.96 MPH in my GSR wednesday night i want to know if i have improving left to do before i modify it more or if thats about the best it should be able to do thanks

96 Integra GSR
B18c1 with 114K
ITR Tranny
DC Sports 4-2-1 Ceramic One Piece Header
Rota Slipstreams
Greddy SP Cat-Back Exhaust
no name intake(replacing with AEM CAI V2 later)
no back seat
Jimfab.com motor mounts side and rear
Energy Suspension bushing kit

oh yeah forgot do not know the altitude but it is KCIR in missouri if that helps

Sorry dude, but that's actually extremely slow, i use to have a 99 GSR, i ran the car with mods and without, before mods 15.5, and when i got my dc heade, dc exhaust, arc intake, vtec controller, 14.6,oh yeah both times on stock tires / rims ,u need to learn how to launch that GSR.

Good luck

If you are launching on street tires you'll probably want to launch hard but feather the clutch a bit to keep traction. Not quite sure where your power band is, reguardless on the street tires you don't want to launch at your peak horsepower range, probably a bit under.

was launching right around 4000-4500 feathering the clutch and the tires just slightly lost traction

Originally posted by Vtec=V8 killa@Oct 31 2003, 05:18 PM
Sorry dude, but that's actually extremely slow, i use to have a 99 GSR, i ran the car with mods and without, before mods 15.5, and when i got my dc heade, dc exhaust, arc intake, vtec controller, 14.6,oh yeah both times on stock tires / rims ,u need to learn how to launch that GSR.

Good luck

Dude...he ran a 14.6 not to far from a 14.9. He also probably has more miles on his car and it sounds like this was his first time!! So he was not extremely slow!!

actually not my first time driving at the track my second time and last time it wouldnt run faster then 15.2 because the timing was retarded 6 degrees because it use to have nitrous and wasnt returned this time we returned it to normal and thats what it ran all motor with just mods listed i didnt list apexi VAFC because it is still untuned there fore adding or taking nothing away from me

wouldn't the 1/4 be roughly around 15.3-15.8 for a 91.96. 88 mph is 15.9. :unsure:

that was a wild guess in the dark. it depends on your setup, track conditions, elevation, temperature etc etc. There are no real set trap times vs speed for a track. Some cars will do 14.9 at 91 and some cars will only be able to muster a 15.3 at 91. Either way, they're both STILL faster than me. :lol:

you need to work on your 60ft times but i would say that you are prety close to what that car can run +/- 0.3. and also i run a 14.5 at 98 so it just depends on traction and gear ratios.

some federal all season tires is what i am running and the gear ratios are whatever the ITR tranny has i just know they are closer then the GSR tranny i had originally

Originally posted by Vtec=V8 killa@Oct 31 2003, 06:18 PM

Good luck

ummmm .4 seconds isnt THAT much slower. and nice name man......hopefully its a joke. :D

Originally posted by Seany-izzle+Nov 1 2003, 06:46 PM-->
Vtec=V8 killa
@Oct 31 2003, 06:18 PM

Good luck

ummmm .4 seconds isnt THAT much slower. and nice name man......hopefully its a joke. :D

I'm sure the name is a joke. unless he has an 11 second (yes 11 second, so that way you know you'll never lose to a stock V8 roaming around the US) Vtec monster at his fingertips. If that's the case then :worthy: but I don't think so :)

Originally posted by red95solsi@Oct 31 2003, 04:28 PM
do i have room to learn more i ran a 14.968 at 91.96 MPH in my GSR wednesday night i want to know if i have improving left to do before i modify it more or if thats about the best it should be able to do thanks

in a word...NO. your time is pretty much where it should be. go slap on more mods! and celebrate.

Back