Spoon Sports Spark Plug Wires

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

NoJokE

They any good besides having the sweet Spoon name? Any better than stock wires, do they last as long and are they as reliable. Im going to be running 20+ PSI of boost so i dont want stock wires.

I think the spoon's are just NGK's with spoons little logo sleeve thingy on them.

sporksports1.jpg

im with everyone else ... just keep the OEM wires and spend the money on something that will actually make you faster

Wires aren't going to help you get a stronger spark through boost. If and only if you start seeing ignition problems then you should start looking into a stronger coil etc.

I preffer stock wires myself. Stock wires have good insulation, therefore, keep away interference and noise.

stock system are good up ot 9000 until you go past why not stick with oem

well whatever, as long as they dont do worse than OEM wires than ill get em, i want everything on my car Spoon

Why? B/c you seen FnF and they sport spoon shit? So much out there that is better and cheaper than Spoon. But to each his own.

Ok i dont even like Fast and Furious, if it wasnt for the Skyline that didnt race or the Supra they built in 1 day, that movie sucked(terrible acting, fake 13290875980327 mile races, etc). I want top of the line stuff. Mugen, JUN, Spoon, Toda. If it'll cost me a little extra then fine, but dont say im getting it cuz it was in F and F, anyway i didnt even notice any Spoon stuff they had(would you be kind and point some stuff out, im being serious, i didnt notice any Spoon stuff). So if i get a Turbonetics turbo or Spearco intercooler, im only getting it cuz the 6-second Celica has it right?

Brian was telling Dom that hector was running all spoon engines with blah blah turbos and blah blah this and that.

In the garage.. with tran.. i believe he said "a bunch of spoon engines would pull a lot the day before race day" and i think he mentioned sr20det's while looking at a Civic.

You can get top notch stuff, but who says its top notch? Yes, the companies are, but if joe blow is building something that makes more power and is just as reliable, why spent more money for a product that makes less power? You are just paying for the name. Want your car to say..

Joe Blow performance and ppl look at it be like.. that can't be fast.. or see spoon and jack your shit in 2 seconds? You be the judge.

its underhood, i not a guy that randomly pops my hood, when i get it its for me, not for other people, and where is this Joe Blow located, i would be interested in his products. LOL. I get what you mean, but ill stick to my Spoon shit, different strokes for different folks

I need a "tool" emoticon. Build a car that reflects your own personal style and driving preference, whether it be drag racing, road racing, drifting and the like. Build a car that suits your purpose and enjoy it! Have fun with it and most importantly never forget function. Everybody wants to get JDM this or Spoon that, but why? Because of it's function? Or because it's the new trend? Build a car that's you and choose parts for your particular style and function, not because it's a fad or the new cool thing to do. If I ever saw someone with a fully built ITR, every possible Spoon part on this ITR, nothing but Spoon, the whole Spoon longblock, the works. I'd probably view him the same way I view any ricer. I'd laugh at him and tell him that with the 100k he invested he could've built the worlds first 9 second all motor import. But hey, that's just me.

Originally posted by TRuggiero_@Mar 1 2003, 12:50 AM
I need a "tool" emoticon. Build a car that reflects your own personal style and driving preference, whether it be drag racing, road racing, drifting and the like. Build a car that suits your purpose and enjoy it! Have fun with it and most importantly never forget function. Everybody wants to get JDM this or Spoon that, but why? Because of it's function? Or because it's the new trend? Build a car that's you and choose parts for your particular style and function, not because it's a fad or the new cool thing to do. If I ever saw someone with a fully built ITR, every possible Spoon part on this ITR, nothing but Spoon, the whole Spoon longblock, the works. I'd probably view him the same way I view any ricer. I'd laugh at him and tell him that with the 100k he invested he could've built the worlds first 9 second all motor import. But hey, that's just me.

Somebody already broke that record!

i dont know about the spoons, but i heard that alot of pro racers use magnecor plug wires.

FYI: Spoon builds and engineers honda's championship endurance race cars...they are so good at it that every year, other car makers have spoon build their race cars for them! they're products are built to both outperform and outlast the competition's.

Mugen builds racing engines and develops racing equipment for honda, and you can be sure every part they sell is thorooughly tested and engineered to be the best.

its not just a fashion/fad thing.

Originally posted by rixXxceboy@Mar 1 2003, 02:58 AM

its not just a fashion/fad thing.

Thank you, sure its expensive but its quality, id rather pay a lot now and know it'll work then pay less now and then have it mess up. They do only Hondas and Acuras, they must know something. Like with Mustang you go Saleen,Dodge-Mopar, with Hondas and Imports you go Spoon, Mugen,HKS, etc. You might pay more but its tested and proven. Different strokes for Different Folks

It may not be a fad/trend, but when someone gets every single part from one company like spoon just because of the name, its pure trend.

Why do you own a Honda? Not cuz everyone else has them and they've been the "trend" for the last 10+ years right? no you are different blah blah blah, if u want to be sooo different go make a Pinto run 12's then run ur fingers about trend

Back