Ssr Competition

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Drock42

planning on getting these for my accord....should i go 16 or 17? wanting to go 17 with a 215/45 tire...if i went 16's what would a good tire size be?

Originally posted by Drock42@Jan 23 2003, 05:34 PM
planning on getting these for my accord....should i go 16 or 17? wanting to go 17 with a 215/45 tire...if i went 16's what would a good tire size be?

There's a tire size calculator in the refence section.
If I'm right I'd think 55 series? But I'm not sure.

Post a picture, and what color / model is your Accord. 2/4 Door?

Hm those are nice.

How much do they weigh?

Personally I like 17's, but everyone else on this board will probably say 16's for performance/weight reduction/centrifugal mass etc..

Its an accord. For heavier cars i say go with a 17. On my project Daytona, it tips the scale at ~3k and i'm going 17's b/c its a heavier car.

Can you post a link to the cost of those wheels? Also the weight of them.

Originally posted by Domeskilla@Jan 23 2003, 06:48 PM

haven't priced them yet. working toward my h22 swap....priorities!!! :D but i've seen a 16" wheel & tire package for about $1500. Actually I just found a link with a per wheel break down:

http://www.autotechnic.net/store/asp/produ...asp?product=164

i've yet to find them for anything not bmw too....wierd!

Originally posted by Drock42+Jan 23 2003, 06:54 PM-->
Domeskilla
@Jan 23 2003, 06:48 PM

haven't priced them yet. working toward my h22 swap....priorities!!! :D but i've seen a 16" wheel & tire package for about $1500. Actually I just found a link with a per wheel break down:

Dayum.. I will just order the Sub Zero's when income tax comes in. I wont be autox'ing my car anytime soon.

Originally posted by Domeskilla+Jan 23 2003, 06:56 PM-->
Originally posted by Drock42@Jan 23 2003, 06:54 PM
Domeskilla
@Jan 23 2003, 06:48 PM

Dayum.. I will just order the Sub Zero's when income tax comes in. I wont be autox'ing my car anytime soon.

True that.

I'm 99% positive that I will be getting Sub-Zero's also.

yeah....they're definitely not cheap!!! i have some connections with buy-ins though. they're checking prices for me.

Are those made for M series BMW's?

I noticed the banner up top is a racing BMW and that the wheels have the M color bars on them.

Originally posted by Hexen@Jan 23 2003, 07:08 PM
Nice wheels though.. a bit out of my price range though.

shit...they may be out of mine too! :p i'll have to wait to see what my friends can get them for.

okay....with the wheel issue suspended for now....what size tires....brand too? i like the parada's...but i don't what size if i go 16's (which i probably won't)

Originally posted by Drock42@Jan 23 2003, 07:15 PM
okay....with the wheel issue suspended for now....what size tires....brand too? i like the parada's...but i don't what size if i go 16's (which i probably won't)

Cheap & Light Wight? Rota's.

A lot of people like them on this site, as do I.

You can get 17's from AllJdm for $550 (i think, check the site.)
They are pretty light (not 12.7, but not much more.)

http://www.alljdm.com
Go to wheels, and click the text link that says "list all rotas" or something like that.
He can pretty much get any of them I've heard.

17"s under 13lb's? Buy em. Sorry, but 16"s dont' look all that great on an Accord (Look at my car).

Originally posted by Drock42@Jan 23 2003, 07:02 PM
post a pic of the sub zeros...i've probably seen them....just can't recall by name alone

subzero_lg.jpg

There you go, mine will be gunmetal or silver in a 5x100mm though.

Either 16 or 17, whatever Jason can get me in a 5 lug pattern.

Back