Stop, Drop And Roll...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

RyanS2K

After 2 hours of work (and half an hour of trying to figure out how to get the jack out from under the front of the car), the JIC Magic coilovers are on!

coilover1.jpg

coilover2.jpg

coilover3.jpg

coilover4.jpg

Next "stop" - 13" Wilwoods:

caliper1.jpg

Ryan

always carry some pieces of 2x4 with u in case of fuck ups so u can get the jack out from under the car (roll car up on the 2x4s). i did that when i had my 97 Civic when i had the coilovers cranked down. they are life savers :)

Originally posted by 90 accord@Feb 15 2003, 02:03 PM
damn y0!!! thats pretty badass!!!
i think you need to lose that wing though ;)

I can't - it's Mugen and goes with the hood (here next week) and the hardtop (next fall).

Not a bad looking car. I would like to see some pics of the JIC's before and after the install, as well as the suspension on the car. Can I get some of those?

Originally posted by ALLJDM@Feb 15 2003, 02:33 PM
Not a bad looking car. I would like to see some pics of the JIC's before and after the install, as well as the suspension on the car. Can I get some of those?

Ask and ye shall receive:

Coilovers after unpacking:

jic.jpg

OEM (dealer forgot to pull the front spacers - duh):
oem.jpg

On the car:
coilovers_001.jpg

Height Before:
side-angle.jpg

Height After:
coilover4.jpg

Drop up front was 1.3 inches, rear came down about 1.1 inches.

Ryan

How much have u spent on your car now?

I will continue to drool over the pics, so post more and more and more, forever. (and then do it again)

Originally posted by gupta_p@Feb 15 2003, 03:21 PM
How much have u spent on your car now?

I will continue to drool over the pics, so post more and more and more, forever. (and then do it again)

Too much...

Mods are like crack to me. Hell, I'm saving money because I do most of the work myself (dealer wanted 8 hours @ $72/hr to install the coilovers - not!)....

Ryan

All I hope for .. is the lottery... lol.

Nice car.. again

coilovers_001.jpg

Ha ha, you have a purple part on your car :D Green looks so much better :unsure:

So how is the ride in them and how do they handle

Originally posted by asmallsol@Feb 15 2003, 11:12 PM

Ha ha, you have a purple part on your car :D Green looks so much better :unsure:

So how is the ride in them and how do they handle [/QUOTE]
Green is overrated!! Ask Tein-Boy B what his first choice was?

:D :lol:

No clue - roads are icy and it's snowing :angry: Haven't had it out since they were put on.

Ryan

fuck its snowing? that means snow in like an hour here :(

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Feb 16 2003, 12:27 AM
that means snow in like an hour here :(

that means drifting as soon as the grounds covered :D

Originally posted by E_SolSi+Feb 16 2003, 12:32 AM-->
pissedoffsol
@Feb 16 2003, 12:27 AM
that means snow in like an hour here :(

that means drifting as soon as the grounds covered :D

lol, it rained out here .. in Virginia, I totally got 1 single drift. .... it worked. I was super happy .. but it was super fast, and a lot of wheel turning, and i came out of the drift in like .0005 seconds. lol.

Nooww .. next time it snows, i'll mebbe know how to get better drifts, and I've located nniiccee open parking lots, where snow and ice can just build up. hehe.

Snow. I've never seen it! I've lived in Florida my whole life, and I never want to see that damn white powder. Why don't you move to florida, and then you can drive your S2000 anyday you want!

Back