STRIPPERS WANTED

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

hybrid4

What is the best paint stripper to get factory paint off a bumper? Scored a CRX Si bumper for 10 bucks! Worth the labor for sure! ;)

There really isn't any paint stripper that is safe for plastic parts that I know of. Usually they are sanded with a scuff pad or some 320 grit sand paper and then refinished.

well, there actually is a paint stripped made specifically for stripping urethane bumpers- i can't remember what it's called, but i used it on my prelude bumper and it worked quite well, also works on other surfaces too- I'd check autozone for it

Sounds like a plan to me. Soon i can take this stupid hatch bumper off. A body shop did that to sell the car. It looks awful :puke:

yeah dude, it's one spray and you can pretty much wipe the paint right off- at least in my application- if the paint is OEM on your bumper it might take two coats, but follow the instructions on the bottle to the T- this shit is still pretty strong and it might still deform the bumper if you leave it on too long- i dont know though, i took it off as soon as the paint wrinkled

320 or 220 would be good. But that Bulldog stuff is horrible.

FALSE ADVERTISING
lol

not what I was expecting when I clicked the topic

werd

and i was all ready to volunteer my stripping skills, for hot chicks only though

any chicks need a stripper for parties?
i work on a barter system :lol:

Back