strut bar question

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

SolPWR

does it really matter on which sturt bar you get? its just a bar right? Is the ebay $10 strut bar just as good as the $150 skunk2? They have the exact same design.

i am of the school that when it comes to simple things like a strut bar it doesn't matter, unless your car is going into a magazine and you want all brand names parts on the list...

I say, you get what you pay for. You get a 10 buck bar, you'll get a bar fabricated to fit in an engine bay. You pay for a brand like skunk2, spoon, mugen, you get a bar that's been tested on and worked on. That's just my opinion. If your gonna get something, get it right the first time. Otherwise your just throwing money away.

The best place to brace on ours cars is the upper control arm bolts. The only strut braces I know of off hand that do that are the neuspeed 4 point, and the new JG bar (which also braces to the firewall).

In a turn, because we have double wishbone suspension, most of the lateral force goes through the upper control arms. NOT THE SHOCKS. Which is why bracing the shock hat bolts is not very effective, nor the very top of the strut tower like the OEM GSR/ITR do.

Best = no joints in the bar. A bar with joints in it fails to control movement in the pivot axes of the joints... and that's no good. Get a Neuspeed bar. They're really good, and not that expensive either.

what if you welded the joint solid? also whats the difference from strut bars and sway bars? I was looking at some suspention techniques sway bars are these any good? What would benefit more sway or strut?

Strut bars connect your strut towers where the strut bolts to the chassis, sway bars are underneath and bolt to the lower control arm and the chassis. Sways are a very big improvement in suspension that you will notice, while strut bars, and more for chassis rigidity and not as noticable.

I myself noticed no difference between my OEM strut bar and the Spoon strut bar.

Hmm. I noticed a HUGE difference between a generic strut bar and the Neuspeed bar... I could tell the instant I drove out of the parking lot and out onto the street. Maybe I'm just more sensitive... I'm weird like that.

Originally posted by Calesta@Apr 1 2004, 10:38 PM
Hmm. I noticed a HUGE difference between a generic strut bar and the Neuspeed bar... I could tell the instant I drove out of the parking lot and out onto the street. Maybe I'm just more sensitive... I'm weird like that.

I noticed a difference when I put one on to begin with, but switching from one to the other, I hardly noticed anything.

Do you have the Neuspeed that bolts to the firewall?

Originally posted by StyleTEG+Apr 1 2004, 12:29 PM-->
The best place to brace on ours cars is the upper control arm bolts. The only strut braces I know of off hand that do that are the neuspeed 4 point, and the new JG bar (which also braces to the firewall).

In a turn, because we have double wishbone suspension, most of the lateral force goes through the upper control arms. NOT THE SHOCKS. Which is why bracing the shock hat bolts is not very effective, nor the very top of the strut tower like the OEM GSR/ITR do.

:werd:

Calesta
@Apr 1 2004, 12:44 PM
Best = no joints in the bar. A bar with joints in it fails to control movement in the pivot axes of the joints... and that's no good. Get a Neuspeed bar. They're really good, and not that expensive either.

:werd:

yea, thats shit rhymes yo...
i could be a rapper and shit...
fo shizzle my nizzle...

they call me redneckrapper9000, word up to all my peeps yo

yea, i'm real fucking white, can ya tell?
lol

:lol:

Originally posted by 92b16vx@Apr 1 2004, 04:46 PM

Nope. I didn't know they made one. I might pick up the Carbing bar later...

Originally posted by Calesta+Apr 2 2004, 12:38 AM-->
@Apr 1 2004, 04:46 PM

Nope. I didn't know they made one. I might pick up the Carbing bar later...

35.20.71.jpg

Looking at it, yea, I guess it doesn't. That Carbing one is sick, thick as hell.

Originally posted by Calesta@Apr 1 2004, 05:38 PM

calesta, John was comparing the spoon to the OEM GSR strut bar. The oem strut bar, while not the best, does a shit load more then an ebay bar.

Also, the only problem I see with the Carbing bar is the way it is designed, you can not remove the brake resivior cap with it on.

Originally posted by asmallsol@Apr 2 2004, 01:19 AM

Also, the only problem I see with the Carbing bar is the way it is designed, you can not remove the brake resivior cap with it on.

Rigid, same idea, but access to the resevior...

i=wMjg5NzE3NnM0MTNkZmQzMXk1NDE%3D.jpg

is that not just a painted carbing? One of my freinds had the carbing and had to remove the bar to open the resivoior

Back