stuck on my POOR MANS R

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

cstout7

Alright this is what i have so far
BLOCK:
b18c1 block
stock crankshaft (looks good no scratches or knicks)
eagle h-beam rods with arp bolts
gsr oil pump and water pump
8.8 lb flywheel
xtd stage 4 clutch

HEAD:
b16a2 head
full race port and polish
milled(milled ALOT!!)
dual springs/retainers
arp headstuds

TRANS:
b16a2 tranny non lsd

ecu:
p28 with jun chip

i want to do an all motor build and spray nitrous on it but i do not want there to be issues. i think the head may be milled too much. also not sure what cams, pistons, valves, sleeves, and cant decide if i should get itbs or not. can i still run nitrous with itbs? anything and everything that answers some of my questions will be much appreciated!!!!!!!

Unless you do some head work putting a B16 head on a GSR block wont gain you anything. The B16 and GSR head both flow pretty much the same, B16 cams are slightly smaller than GSR as well. The Type R head makes more power because it is P&P from the factory, as better valves and much better cams. The same gains can be made with the GSR head as the B16 IMO. But the B16 does flow slightly better.

LOL yeah just like that. Sorry missed that. My point was that you can get the same results with the GSR head. There was no need to go out a get a B16 head. Even though the B16 head is better IMO, Honda choose it for the Type R for a reason. Since you had the head milled a lot and will be running larger cams be sure to clay the motor to be sure you wont have a valve hit a piston. I would go with JDM Type R or P30 pistion, Skunk2 Tuner 2 cams and just a good flowing intake mani. If you are trying for big NA power ITBs are a great choice, but cant help you much in that area.

Back