Stuped Supercharger Tricks, Volume 2

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

RyanS2K

Any excuse to put the top down and shoot some video! :unsure: :D

Here's several runs compiled into one video - from in the car up to 75MPH, from outside accelerating to about 80, a 95 MPH flyby at full throttle, then a quick decelleration with downshifting from 65 to stop. Wish you coulda seen the look on that kid's face when we passed him @ full throttle, 40MPH...

Full quality version available (14MB) for those interested.

2.9MB WMV Version (Crappy Video Quality)
9.1MB AVI Version (Decent Video Quality)

Ryan

bottom one doesn't work...damn it sounds hella good man....

that shift beeper thing is sweet, where did you get it from and how much did it cost?

hehehe, i loved when your wife was like "that was slow" :lol: :owned:

you definitely have one of the nicest S2000 I've ever seen, sounds soooo good too :worthy: *drool*

Very nice Ryan! I'm going to have to get one of those shift beeper thingies. Should work in any 4 cylinder, right? Was that your traction control kicking in (not sure if S2k has one) on the launch?

im at some internet place here in vegas... i'll have to wait til i get home to DL it.... but sounds like something sweet.... definitely gonna have to check it out

Originally posted by Calesta@Feb 10 2003, 01:46 AM
Very nice Ryan! I'm going to have to get one of those shift beeper thingies. Should work in any 4 cylinder, right? Was that your traction control kicking in (not sure if S2k has one) on the launch?

Nah, it was just a weak-ass launch. I think I side-stepped at 4000 RPM - for optimal take-off, you're supposed to launch @ 7000RPM. I just don't have the balls to do that; with the charger it'll snap the axles, and they're sure not covered under warranty.

I think the beeper will work on any carthat has an electric tach signal - he's got info on his site about it. We're going to add one to the RSX; works like a champ and not rice-looking as some of the shift lights I've seen.

Ryan

Originally posted by RyanS2K@Feb 10 2003, 09:24 AM
....covered under warranty.

You mean, you still have a warranty with about 10k under the hood? Damn, some companys you put an air intake on your car and that voids the warranty

Originally posted by asmallsol+Feb 10 2003, 09:44 AM-->
@Feb 10 2003, 09:24 AM
....covered under warranty.

You mean, you still have a warranty with about 10k under the hood? Damn, some companys you put an air intake on your car and that voids the warranty

I bought the supercharger, header, flywheel and clutch directly from the dealership; they installed it there within days fo the car's arrival. Was the easiest way to ensure that I'd have no warranty headaches.

Ryan

at my honda dealership there idea for performance parts is ar wheels and pin stripes... and they call it the sports package.

They sell hyperwhite bulbs and silicone hoses and that is there rice er... performance department

Originally posted by RyanS2K@Feb 10 2003, 08:24 AM
Nah, it was just a weak-ass launch. I think I side-stepped at 4000 RPM - for optimal take-off, you're supposed to launch @ 7000RPM. I just don't have the balls to do that; with the charger it'll snap the axles, and they're sure not covered under warranty.

I think the beeper will work on any carthat has an electric tach signal - he's got info on his site about it. We're going to add one to the RSX; works like a champ and not rice-looking as some of the shift lights I've seen.

Ryan

Gotcha. It just looked like you were sitting there chuffing the tires at constant RPM for a second.

I'll contact the guy with the shift beeper- let me know how it works out in the RSX!

Originally posted by RyanS2K@Feb 9 2003, 08:14 PM
$60 or so - available here : http://www.baustnet.com/honda/mods/shift/r...redline_buy.htm

Pretty sweet little mod, easier to use than a shift light (IMHO) and not near as noticable.

Ryan

cool find
RX7's come with this stock ... i was looking for something like this for pretty much the same reason (dont like shift lights) :)

Yeah I don't really care for the shift light either- who knows where I'll be looking when I need to shift anyway... it's not like I race in a straight line! :lol:

Back