stupid shutdown problem...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

deadhooker

I have a 91 Hatch w/ a d15b swap..... This car ran great for about a year and recently decided to dump on me....:mad:

It started to stall while driving (after all of the gauges quit working) about a month ago. I checked everything, fixed a loose wire (in the fuse box on pass. side of engine bay), and drove it to the destination w/ out problem. Then, I drove it home the other 90 miles without problem. Fast forward a few days of daily driving (at 5-8 miles each way) and the problem intermittently starts happening again.

Then, it started doing it every time I drove. The car would hold power for about 20 minutes of driving, the gauges shut off and within a few minutes the car acts like it is choking, then stalls.... Annoying to say the least....

Now the stupid f'er only runs for a few minutes and dies, and will only be started whilst being jumped.

The battery tests good, and so does the alternator. I tried a trick provided by a mechanic where you unpin the yellow wire that leads to the alternator so that the ELD thinks the alternator needs to spin, and forces it to do so... still no worky...:mad:

Back