Stupid Wipers

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Well does any one have any idea how the wipers work i hate mine they are nothing but trouble. My problem is the drivers side wiper is hitting the molding on the side of the windshiels and has knocked it off. Now that it has knocked that off it keeps falling in the crack between the A pillar and the windshield. I have tried to move the wiper arm as if it was clocked wrong when installed and this didnt help. It seams as if there is some sort of sensor or some thing that tells it when to switch dirrection and that is malfunctioning. Any ideas anyone?????

make sure you have the arms in the correct place, meaning dont mix them up. and you have the right ideal take them off and reinstall them lower and tighten the nut back down

man i have done this many times ive moved them so low that they go down to far and get caught up down there and the still go off the windshield when they are that low

idk then man mine are fine just used them. im not aware of any sensor that could go bad making it go to far

Wipers don't work that way, there isn't a sensor, more than likely your arm has stripped out where it meets the spindle, just go grab a new one from the junkyard or something.

or some one replaced the wiper blades with the wrong size? which would be the reason they hit on the drivers side no matter what.

no arm is not stripped and blades and arms are correct.

as some of you not owning one of thes cars the wiperarms are computer controlled they will speed up,slow down and adujst delay time with vehicle speed. thats one of the reasons i thought that there might be a sensor of some sort

:newbie: well lets see i posted in the RSX section I must be asking about a RSX and i know how wipers work. Not all wiper systems work on a cam system some have reversing motors. And i have not torn the car apart yet to inspect linkage and motor so thats why I was asking questions.

Oh ok, I got here via the front page, but i disagree as far as some having sensors and reversing motors, that would be just adding something that could go wrong for no reason, also reversing motors over and over would wear them out a lot faster.

Oh ok, I got here via the front page, but i disagree as far as some having sensors and reversing motors, that would be just adding something that could go wrong for no reason, also reversing motors over and over would wear them out a lot faster.

well you aparentaly havent worked on european imports much then thy do stupid shit

well you aparentaly havent worked on european imports much then thy do stupid shit

You must be talking about the Mercedes ones, not sure about those, they might have a sensor. But I'd be willing to put money on all the standard two blade ones using the usual wiper set up, using anything else would just cost the manufacturer money in development and production.

We should probably end this argument here though, I mean we're arguing about how windshield wipers work...

mine do the same thing. so after reading the thread on clubrsx im ordering the rod unit A (76540-S6M-003).

on acuraOEMparts.com the part is 9.56 plus 8.95 for shipping and handling. im checking with the dealer on price today

Back