Suf's 2005 Honda Element aka The Hotbox

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

sufikation

Info:

You all can blame the CR-V for this. It opened me up to a side of Honda I had never explored. I bought the hotbox because I had been wanting a new gen Honda of some sort, it almost ended up being a Ridgeline, but obviously...it was an Element. I plan on making this my DD/mini-build, something I can go up to the family cabin in or take on long road trips...this is my old man car.

Car:

2005 Honda Element LX - AWD (65K miles on date of purchase 04/2014)

Engine/Transmission:

K24A4
4 Speed Automatic

Suspension/Brakes:

OEM

Wheels/Tires:

Stock 16" steelies with H center caps for the time being.

Exterior:

OEM Sunset Orange Pearl w/ Grey Panels
Factory Fog Lights
Tow Package

Interior:

Pretty fucking sweet...I mean come on, its rubberized and stain resistant.

20140503_120003_RichtoneHDR_zpslypinbmm.jpg

20140428_174147_zpsts4pwinl.jpg

20140428_174219_zpsjirjgb6k.jpg

20140428_174252_zpslzhfkevw.jpg

I am selling my 99 CRV and maybe in a few years my GSR, but for now I was in need of a more specialized Honda. This this was rated so high for dog owners I had to have it. My bulldogs shed a lot and I promised I would take them to the Oregon coast soon so I had to do it. Its a nice spunky little awd box, I love it. I have been chasing a misfire in cyl #2 but it keeps coming back so I need to perform my diag.

FLounder

power hungry
VIP
I like these for what they are, affordable and very useable. My uncle had one, the motor seemed a little buzzy in there, certainly no speed machine. Would be more interesting with a manual, then engine upgrades would be hard to resist, but a good daily driver nonetheless.

SlushboxTeggy

It's only stupid if it doesn't work
VIP
Same here. Always thought about one. Certainly tons of usable room.

Briansol

Admins
Admin
VIP
They should have sold them in white, wheat, rye, instead of orange, black, blue :)

in for th eproject

Jeef

NO MA'AM
VIP
My buddy's father used to have one and loved it. He would drive more than his x5. He had 4 dogs so it was great for transporting the dogs.

BigJ

I'm just about that action Boss.
VIP
I want to get one of these for my mom. They're a pretty sweet vehicle for someone that wants a bit of economy and utility.