suggestions for running/work out shoes?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Briansol

Admins
Admin
VIP
My feet are still killing me from my shell tops from tuesday's walk. lol

suggestions for a good walking/jogging/workout sneaker?

:werd:

I actually use these shoes because they're light and work well for me(Adidas AdiRacer; although mine are different color); but then again I jog on a rubberized track and do weight lifting.
561528.jpg

Most comfortable I've used for jogging/all around are the Reebok Pro Legacy. They come in "Kolors" now though so I haven't worn any in quite a while.

Last edited:
it depends on the shape of your feet i would think... but the shoes that i have always liked best were Asics. they have more arch support than nikes, and overall they just feel good. they are very lightweight also.

Best shoe is going to be different for everyone. You just have to go put on 1000 different shoes. When you find the right one, you'll know it. Head to a foot locker or something. Remember: the low priced nikes are low priced for a reason.

or, you could get some pumps!!

reebok-pump-omni-light-1.jpg

Brooks, new balance, asics.

New Balance work well, and recently I have been using these Nike's with the shocks at the end - legit running shoes.
Opinion varies on whether they make a difference or not- you have to try them out.

Go to a specialized shoe place where they will take the size of your feet and match you up to the perfect shoes. It may be pricy, but they guarantee it will be a perfect fit.

Best shoe is going to be different for everyone. You just have to go put on 1000 different shoes. When you find the right one, you'll know it. Head to a foot locker or something. Remember: the low priced nikes are low priced for a reason.

or, you could get some pumps!!

reebok-pump-omni-light-1.jpg

i vote pumps^
or and1s.

thats assuming you will want to eventually get into more rigorous sports then walking though..

New Balance work well, and recently I have been using these Nike's with the shocks at the end - legit running shoes.
Opinion varies on whether they make a difference or not- you have to try them out.

My best friend runs track and cross country for Santa Clara University. Not a single person ever, ever runs with shox. No one with a mind will recommend shox, because of the 4 pts of pressure and the lack of even pressure that a full soled shoes can provide.

I own them, for around town, but not serious exercise. They're a comfy shoe for around town and running errands and such, but that's the line for me.

Shox are not for a heavy built guy and do not offer the support needed for proper running.

I use these when I lift weights or run on the tread mill. Comfortable as hell...

(not this color though. I got some black and yellow ones)

41RfE+cdWTL.jpg

I use these for Muay Thai and at the drag strip :D

Jordan_Trainer.jpg

Last edited:
I have ran cross country for 7 years and still running for enjoyment and have found asics to work best for me. I have narrow feet which is something you would have to take in account for but the real reason I like them over nike running shoes is they seem to last a lot longer. All of my nike soles would start to peel after 4 or 5 months but I have yet to have a pair of my asics start to peel. I know this is a common problem with a lot of the other runners on my team. Most people I knew would not buy nike running shoes.

I had Nike running shoes back when I was in track, they just suck... Didn't fit well, uncomfortable, and IMO have a harder sole than the NB's. I've never tried Asics though.

B, they have a store on the Berlin Turnpike called Footprints. If's a fantastic store, and they have all different brands. Their customer help is fantastic, and they are very knowledgeable. They tend to cater to people with orthopedic problems, and special footwear needs. Chances are, if you can't find a good representative and good shoes there, it's hopeless.

Worth a shot.

I had Nike running shoes back when I was in track, they just suck... Didn't fit well, uncomfortable, and IMO have a harder sole than the NB's. I've never tried Asics though.

IMO I think asics have a thicker sole which is a reason why they last longer.

I went to bob's and picked up a pair of new balance. i cant beleive how light they are. freakin technology in shoes! crazy! lol i think they were a close out, they were 40% off. so i spend $29.99 on them :)

I also picked up a couple shirts and a new pair of casual adidas :ph34r:

Back