Suggestions-getting Pre-ignition/ Detonation

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Webhitch

I need a little help here..

I'm Running a B18c1 with 11.5 to 1 Wiseco pistons and stock fuel system exept for an adjustible FPR..

I appear to be getting Pre-Ignition only at low RPM under under a load. This only started after i put my Chipped P28 ECU in ( no Knock Sensor) . I could just swap my P72 back in but it runs alot better with the Chipped ECU at High RPM. I do have an A/F ratio gauge ( not sure if it's worth a Sh*t) it shows rich at the point i get pre-ignition. I'm running stock NGK ITR plugs.

I'm still kinda of a noobie at this so if i'm leaving out important info please let me know.. Any help would be great.

i put in a colder spark plug and fixed it..

Where are the Forum rules i guess i need to read over them.. did you remove the pic from my sig because i went to remove it and nothing was no pic there..

nah. it wasn't me.. it could have been another moderator.

there isn't anywhere that says no pictures.. but we just dont' do it.. thanks for pointing out that we don't have a rules section and we should make one.

im running boost, but without an intercooler. (im getting one asap.. lol) my question is, would running a boosted engine without an intercooler increase the chances of getting detonation? thanks.

Back