Summers here...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

xj0hnx

I wanna be sedated
VIP
...and I am ready damnit....

gallery_630_77_17734.jpg

Installed yesterday, and it was a real pain because I had to remove the poly filled mount instead of just unbolting it and sliding it over :(, But tomorrow I get it refilled and Texas heat can bite my ass.

Also spruced up the head with a new cam end seal, seen here...

gallery_630_77_70145.jpg

Which I guess Honda redisned after a while, because the one I took out, which was a P30, was completely different than the P72 one. The P30 was a huge rubber covered plug with a hardy ring on the inside, this one is a plastic pop-in that has a rubber seal. I guess when they realized that it was a bad idea to have to remove the cam to replace this, they changed it., also hit up the oring on the distributor as I noticed some crud building up underneath it from a bad seal, anyway, that's what I did yesterday for a couple hours :)

Nice, guess its my turn to change my cam cap. Shits leaking all over the place. How much was that cam cap?

It was 6,25 euro for the zylinderkopf stopfen :) probably a lot less in the states considering the AC belt was 21,39 euro :(

??? Damn, I wish I know what the hell you are saying! LOL!!!

Originally posted by n1mr0d@Jul 1 2005, 11:41 PM
The cam caps are 20-30 buxs all day long on ebay inlinefour.com or jhpusa.com
[post=519389]Quoted post[/post]​

Than someone is getting rich off peoples ignorance, it's like a $5 part from Honda. Unless that's for some name brand replacement like the Golden Eagle ones. Part number 1251-P72-003

Edit, here's what you're talking about...

billet.camseal.jpg

Complete waste of money. I'd rather buy a chrome plated bitch pin for my shiftlinkage.

:) call me a wuss, I don't care, I won't be a sweating wuss. And as far as power saving, bah, I am not competeing against anyone for money, so .05 seconds doesn't break me.

Originally posted by E_SolSi@Jul 2 2005, 06:25 AM
wuss
[post=519519]Quoted post[/post]​

Says the Insight owner :)

I know, I know, ITR Sol pwnZ me :(

But on a side note, I just got back from the shop, recompressed, refilled, new comp oil, dye, and freon, and ooooh it's nice :)

I can still hit most anything Honda in there :)

But on a side note Tim, guess who decided to wreck their GST with brand new charge piping and new downpipe the day I installed AC? :) I am sure though that every head on post is going to be trying to get that set up off him. I think the big ol' HKS IC survived too :eek:

Back