Surf, Sand, CR-Z, and Speeding

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

92stoccord

Big Member
Made it to Myrtle Beach this weekend. Wound up staying in a Days Inn for lack of money and lust for vacation. Stayed there 3 nights, and the girlfriend opted to go halves on a nice beachfront room for a night. So I obliged. Total of four nights.

Left Saturday at 6:00AM. Made it there about 4:30. Made really good time on the way down. Drove past a CRZ fresh on the lot right as I crossed the South Carolina border. Wanted to check it out but wanted to see the beach worse. Less than a quarter mile down the road there was a flat black rex for sale. Again wanted to but didn't.

Enjoyed our stay. Stayed on Ocean Boulevard the whole time. It was really nice. Ate at a few nice places. Went to Bodo's authentic German restaurant. Got Kartoffelpfankuchen, or potato pancakes with some kraut on the side, and decided that I'll never be able to spend a long time abroad, because I was in the shitter before the bill came. The toilet wouldn't flush or plunge, so I left them a nice surprise, and felt really bad about it. Came back to the table to get the bill and found that the GF had already paid and she informed me that it was a race against the clock for her not shitting her pants. Made it back safe thank god, but I know to not eat there unless I'm ready to shit quickly.

On the way home, I was kicking some ass on the highway, because we dicked around a little too long in the morning and got out a lot later than I had hoped. Plus my GF had gotten me turned around 3 times and is hereby fired from navigator position. Right around the middle of Virginia, I saw a state boy on the other side of the road while I was in the midst of passing on the right doing 90 lol. So since he was doing 150 miles an hour less than me, I figured I could just keep on and he'd never catch up. Well he gave up before he even started, but radioed ahead to the end of the tunnel I was about to go in, and coming out of the tunnel, there he was. Pulled me over, was a real dick about it.

"License and registration"
"Do you need my proof of insurance?"
*annoyed "License and registration"
"Yes sir...There you are"
"Know why I pulled you over?"
"I was probably going a little quick back there"
"Yeah. Any idea how fast you were going?"
"Not really"
"Guess"

Now I'm thinking either he wants to see if I'm lying to him or he has no radar on me and wants me to confess... eh fuck.

"85?"
"Exactly"

Fuck. No radar and I just fessed to what I thought was 20 over,

"That's 30 above the limit, it's 55 through here"
"55?"
"Yeah, theres a sign right back there. We're in a 65, but where you were was a 55"
"I wasn't trying to play dumb sir, I just-"
*walks away
"fuck youuuuuuuuuu"

Comes back and hands me a ticket written out for 85 in a 65. Reckless speeding and a paper to be tried in absence. So now I'm sweating bullets about work (I drive a bus) and I have a fine coming my way.

I did average out my gas mileage too, and the paper is in my car, but off the top of my head I think it was
21mpg
26mpg
32mpg
36mpg
29mpg
and 34.

Pretty terrible for an HX, and I hope that this is only cause of the O2 sensor. I'll make up a nice chart. when I get the chance.

never ever ever ever ever ever ever answer that question,
its always "I dont know" or just say something off subject.

I never answer that question, its dumb.

Answer each question with a question.

Also, just hire a lawyer. They can get you out of tickets pretty easily(I've gotten away with 100 in a 45/reckless driving and 79 in a 55).

Last edited:
My advice is dont speed through virginia. The two states you should never speed through if your are not a resident are texas and virginia.

speed through CA all you want.. lol.. you'll just blend in with everyone else in a hurry for no reason.. lol

When they ask you how fast you were going, always tell them "exactly the speed limit, maybe one or two miles per hour less."

When your buddy radioed it in, he probably didn't get a good speed-reading, all that was probably said was "going kinda quick" and then when he asked you how fast, he got you to admit to breaking the law. Notice he wrote you the ticket for the speed you told him?

In VA, MD, and DE, 20 or more over the limit is reckless driving. Good luck fighting it.

Well I don't have the money to hire a lawyer, so the only thing I can do is choose to not appear, or drive to Bland, VA. Since school is starting next week I don't have too many options. Only thing I'm worried about is 4+ Points, or License Suspension.

i know in CT out of state shit doesnt effect your record
any of the tickets or suspensions i have gotten out of state have never shown up

not sure if that is the case for you.... but i would just pay the damn thing and call it a day...

getting your license suspended in another state can sometimes come back to bite you in the ass.... like when i was going through NY on my way up to Montreal... and got bagged for speeding (88 in a 65) then found out that my license was suspended in NY 2 years ago for a ticket that i had recieved down by NYC, plead not guilty to, and never heard anything else about... so i forgot about it
so i got arrested and brought to court on the spot... where i had to post bail and have my GF at the time drive the rest of the way out of NY
the judge was cool about it though, and gave me one month to handle the situation with the other ticket and the suspension... then fax her proof that it was all handled and she would drop the misdemeanor charge for willfully driving with a suspended license down to just the speeding ticket, which was the price she set my bail to... so the money would just be moved over and i wouldnt have to go back to court in upstate NY or send any other money

so almost $700 later i finally had everything taken care of and my license reinstated and i can now drive through NY with no problems... yeah that trip ended up costing a little more than i planned... i should have just fucking ran :lmao:

but my CT record never showed any evidence of the suspension the tickets or anything... none of my out of state tickets have ever shown up on my CT record

worth looking into at least

good luck

92stoccord has no reason to get a lawyer, since he admitted to speeding. You should be able to pay the ticket without seeing the judge, just call the number on the ticket and speak with them.

It clearly states on a paper that they gave me that this has to go to court before I have any sort of ruling. It's not a prepayable offense, since its reckless op too. But this isn't the first time I've heard that I've got nothing to worry about north of the mason/dixon line.

I got a ticket in Alabama about 10 years ago that I never paid and I haven't heard a word about it since. If I recall correctly it was 87 in a 55. Fuckers timed me by airplane.

I've renewed my license, changed insurance, gotten a couple speeding tickets both in and out of Michigan since then, and it's never come up at any time.

Not really sure how the info is shared between states, and I would never advise you not to pay it, but that's my personal experience.

you'll just get something in the mail telling you how much you need to pay and where to send it..

well, you may want to find out exactly what to do here because you said you drive a bus so im assuming you have a cdl.
in tn, not sure about where you are, if you have a cdl and get a ticket, there is no getting it off the record. unless they throw it out, it sticks and most drivers in my state will lose their job with a ticket. most of the companies have a zero tolerance with those because of insurance.

If its like NC, you have to show up or have a lawyer represent you for reckless. Nothing in the mail about paying a fine(if they put the fine on the ticket, then you can just pay).

Back