suspension for auto x experts

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

ok well after drag racing for so long i wanted to get in to something else so i went to my first auto x this weekend loved it but i have some issues that i would like some help on this is my setup

tires falken azenis on delsol wheels
NEX full coil over suspension
tie bars up and lower front and back
and a ls vtec
and this is all in my ek hatch

ok im pretty good at suspension setup (at least i think)
i got the car level all the way around when i measure to the jack points
this is how i got it setup the measure ments are on the wheel

in the front i have
camber 0.250 measured top to botom (not center to top)
toed out .187 total not per side so 1/6 per side
0 turns of pre load
tire presure 30psi

rear

camber is close to zero
toed in less than a 1/6 close to zero
4.5 turns of preload
tire pressure 48psi

ok my problem is i was not able to keep the car from pushing (understeer) any help cant run less air in the front when i marked the tires they roled over almost perfectly. is there any one that makes caster adujsters for a EK i would love to have some but cant find them looked all day as i know that more caster would help lots

well any help would be great

Last edited:
97 Hatch....you said you had NEX coilovers? the GT or the SS? do you like them? I am trying to get some feedback on em. I am also looking to getting into auto x, and want a decent suspension. But i also like to go on weekend drives up the mountains.....so they need to work :D

im only runing 30 psi because every one advised me to keep lowering it as to how far over the tire rolled does any one know of wher i can get some thing to adjust the caster on the front i would really like to add some caster to it.

also i have the ss and the are very stiff but they work pretty good if i did it again i would buy some good adujstable shocks and good coil over kit

well i have actually never played forza and what little i know about suspension setup comes from my gocart experience and do you really think that 30 psi is way to low for a car that weighs nothing and im not causing roll over so it should be ok

azenis sidewalls are so stiff, that they don't really roll over like a normal street tire does.

30 is too low and 48 is too high.

you'll probably find more comfort at 36/34.

understeer is caused a lot by driving error.

slow in, fast out.
brake before the turn and just leading in with a little left foot trail braking to get the ass-end happy. then be on the gas through the corner and on the way out.

caster is not your issue.
Wheel Alignment A Short Course

thanks b i had the rear so high as i was trying to ret it to rotate better and it did help i will try raising pressure this weekend when i go out. yes i know slow before the turn and acelerate out. ok enuff with the tire pressure and DOES ANY ONE know where i can get a caster kit for a EK.

Back