suspension opinions (don't flame me)

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

red91efhatch

Ok so I know the name of that game is read, search, read then search again and I have. I've reviewed several suspension threads and there are so many options Tein, Megan, H&R, Tokico, Koni, etc etc etc. I thought I was set on getting this Tokico setup Jazzproparts, Your one stop performance and JDM Solution.

But after reading all the posts I have yet to see one recommendation for this setup. Now for my info
Budget: $1000 with shipping etc.
Use auto x 5-7 times a year
I don't how "dropped" the car is I'm looking to have a 17 year old car with Z06-350z (you get the picture) handling no "cholo bounce" and would like adjustable dampening etc.
I have taken note on koni yellow/GC springs, Megan coilover, H&R coilover and on and on, I realize some come in over 1,000 so I may be willing to go a little bit over. Are Tein coilovers worth $1,300+? the EFDC seem convenient but ???
If anything I will settle for the illuminas as I have rode in several vehicles and would be satisfied running Illuminas. any spring combo recommendations are welcome for just the illuminas
thanks,
Rob

Last edited:
Ok to be fair I am not flamming you ,but the short answer an EF will never handle like a zo6 or a 350z (FF vs FR)
to come even close you will need more than springs and shocks , bushing , sway bars , camber kit, good tires , ect . and that will easily set you over 1000 .
the Tokico setup is good basic upgrade quality parts

Ok to be fair I am not flamming you ,but the short answer an EF will never handle like a zo6 or a 350z (FF vs FR)
to come even close you will need more than springs and shocks , bushing , sway bars , camber kit, good tires , ect . and that will easily set you over 1000 .
the Tokico setup is good basic upgrade quality parts

Fair enough flame me I probably deserve it :mrgreen:, the 1k is for coilovers alone I will be adding other supporting mods listed above. my suspension budget is around 2.5k altogether but I want to keep costs low and concentrate on one component at a time.

imho, kyb agx's with neuspeed sport springs, overall 1.7-1.8" lower. 4 pos. adjustable dampening. Should come in at about $700-800.

what tires do you use for autox events?
what class are you in/want to be in?
how are your courses set up? (tight, long straights, little bit of everything, etc)

If you want your car to handle good in autocross you shold go with the Konis and ground controll set up. Then get some sway bars then a camber kit then find some one that can corner balance your car to dail it all in.The only thing is that is more than $1000 bucks.

if you are not going to corner balance the car then there is no real point in getting adjustable coilovers... just get springs

Thanks for the responses, the car will be corner balanced, we have local auto X events and SCCA events here, I'll likely be in super modified class due to the swap but my goal is only to have fun maybe one day ill get serious about it and start off in stock-g or something.

fire.jpg

one makes springs/coilovers, the other makes shocks.. thats how they compare..

Again thanks for the flames and replies, I'm going with the koni/gc combo went to the GC site, it's stating their springs are mfg. by Eibach? sound right?

Also I'm looking at purchasing from the gc web site, they're asking for spring rates, anyone know where I can get some good info./knowledge to calculate the spring rate I should need?

Last edited:
Back