Suzuki goes bye bye

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Briansol

Admins
Admin
VIP
Suzuki to stop U.S. auto sales, exit market - Nov. 5, 2012
HONG KONG (CNNMoney) -- Japan-based Suzuki said Tuesday that it was closing its American auto distributor and exiting the U.S. car market.
The company's U.S. arm, American Suzuki Motor Corp., will file for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection in California. The company said it would wind down auto sales, but did not provide a timetable.

Not that they were ever really a contender, they did offer a couple cool vehicles over the years. Like the swift turbo, and the sidekick, and a couple other of their newer cars were a good bang for the buck, and with a few more years of R&D could have been an honest alternative for shoppers.

They can even keep the gixxer. Sv650. Keep everything else.

My best memory of Suzuki cars, was riding down a sidewalk in a Sidekick when my dad and his friend missed a turn and needed to turn around on a very busy street.

When the large domestic manufacturers are govt subsidized, the small or foreign manufacturers don't stand a chance. Expect the UAW to continue destroying the free market and contributing to the further demise of our economy.

The Yen's continual gain on the Dollar (or maybe the Dollar's drop in value) is what is causing this. It makes selling Japan built vehicles in the US very expensive. Smaller Japanese car companies such as Suzuki, Mitsu, and even Mazda mainly export to the US, which recenly isn't profitable or even results in a loss. This is the reason Honda, Toyota, and Nissan have been expanding operations in North America. Honda has been limiting the sales of Japan built cars over here for several years. The Fit is the best subcompact in the business, but sells at the bottom end in it's class. One the new Mexico plant opens, expect to see Fit's all over, sold a few thou cheaper than they are now.

i also like the x90's
not sure if i could pull it off though.
very much a chick car

and this is how you fit 31's on em

I don't really care if something is considered a "chick" car... if I like it I like it. I'd chop the windshields and just cage it though.

Back