Swap On My Del Sol

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

markie

:unsure: B) i have a 93 honda sol s i am going to do and engine swap and i want to swap in a zc motor since the del sol s has a d15 stock motor the zc engine should just be a bolt in right?? please post some info for me thanks :( <_< :angry: :rolleyes: :D :eek: :huh: :moon: :beer: :axe: :hitit: :ghey: :cockblocked: :bash:

no the zc is obd0 your car is obd1. in english, it would be a wiring nightmare

Look at either a mini me swap, a d16z6 head on your block, (cheap, worthless but it will give you an extra little something)

Or look at any of the b series engines, b18b, b16asirII, b18c (3 or 5) must be obd 1 or obd 2, other wise it will be a pain.

its always fun to see how many smileys you can add to the end of your post :axe:

oh yeah, to answer your question. Sometimes, swaps arent worth the time you will put into swapping them. The ZC is one of them, IMO, in a sol anyways. D16z6 if youre cheap and dont mind being slow, but a little faster than you are now. B series is a good choice. H22 would be nice in a sol. F22=worthless

:unsure: :unsure: :) :sleep: :worthy: ;) :blink: :unsure: :) well if i was to do the swap i would have it done professionally and the mini me over heats alot ive heard??? plus i want a zc because i have heard that its a good turbo motor and plus since it is a d-series it would bolt right in and all the bolt ons would be pretty cheap also for the moment could u guys maybe help me get my car into the 9's in the 1/8th im at a 10.4 with my car right now thanks :(
also what are u guys running

all those smileys are for u reaver

dont bother with the ZC in your car ... if you want an inexpensive engine that is good for turbo then get an LS engine (B18B) it will drop right in and be a hell of a lot better than a ZC

ps: stop with the smilies

what an ls will bolt right in are u sure the ls is b-series i would need b series engine mount

why u ddr?? why u ddr?? why u ddr?? why u ddr?? why u ddr??

y u hating on smileys bro :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r:

you will need a del sol VTEC rear mount (i think) or aftermarket (hasport etc)
you will need a del sol VTEC shift linkage
everything else you need will come with the swap

ddr????

and its annoying as fuck to see a shit load of smilies on every post... if you continue to do it your posts will be edited or deleted

hey i am sorry i am new to the forum i will stop thanks going easy on me any way can i bolt the b18b to my 1.5 tranny??? i hope i will because i have found b18b engine only around 850

Originally posted by one zexy crx@Jan 22 2003, 11:45 AM
NOOOO... you need a b-series hydro tranny. the b18b will not work with your stock tranny.

b-series parts wont go on a d-series and vice versa. :)

Since i dont see you finding a del sol vtec shifter linkage, you have to modify the one you have.

Originally posted by Domeskilla+Jan 22 2003, 11:59 AM-->
one zexy crx
@Jan 22 2003, 11:45 AM
NOOOO... you need a b-series hydro tranny. the b18b will not work with your stock tranny.

b-series parts wont go on a d-series and vice versa. :)

Since i dont see you finding a del sol vtec shifter linkage, you have to modify the one you have.

what do mean you dont see me looking for a linkage ??/can u like see what i am doin?

I said i dont see you finding one from a Del Sol VTEC (they came with the b16a3 factory). They are not a common find. So to stick a b-series into your car, you have to modify the shift linkage you have now to make it work. They also stopped making them (del sol vtec shift linkages) so you can't goto Honda or a parts store and get one.

how do i modify it has anyone else done this before??

Originally posted by Domeskilla@Jan 22 2003, 11:10 AM
I said i dont see you finding one from a Del Sol VTEC (they came with the b16a3 factory). They are not a common find. So to stick a b-series into your car, you have to modify the shift linkage you have now to make it work. They also stopped making them (del sol vtec shift linkages) so you can't goto Honda or a parts store and get one.

I just finished (finally!) doing my swap. I went to Honda in Galveston and they ordered, even overnighted the shift linkages to me. They still make them, you just have to ask for the '94 del sol Vtec.

o you live in texas?? where about anyway how much was it

Originally posted by asmallsol@Jan 21 2003, 11:52 AM
no the zc is obd0 your car is obd1. in english, it would be a wiring nightmare

Look at either a mini me swap, a d16z6 head on your block, (cheap, worthless but it will give you an extra little something)

Or look at any of the b series engines, b18b, b16asirII, b18c (3 or 5) must be obd 1 or obd 2, other wise it will be a pain.

the zc came in two cars for the 5th gen civic ferio line up. they are zc 's that are obd 1

Originally posted by 92CivicCx@Jan 23 2003, 12:33 PM
the zc came in two cars for the 5th gen civic ferio line up. they are zc 's that are obd 1

Learn something everyday, Did they just use that in Europe or was that used in other countries?

The other thing if it was just a EDM, finding a EDM in america is kinda rare.

Originally posted by asmallsol+Jan 23 2003, 09:28 PM-->
92CivicCx
@Jan 23 2003, 12:33 PM

Learn something everyday, Did they just use that in Europe or was that used in other countries?

The other thing if it was just a EDM, finding a EDM in america is kinda rare.

No zc's here after 91.And during the 88-91 they had switched from the zc stamp to D series.

Originally posted by markiebredsol@Jan 23 2003, 08:34 AM
o you live in texas?? where about anyway how much was it

well i have a good job and i figure that i would rather spend the money and get something factory that will do the job right rather then rig it up and have something wrong later. I live down near Galveston, and it was around 150 overnight shipped to the dealer.

Back