swap options

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

ok ok i know its domestic but its my brothers car.. and i just wanted to see if anyone knew what kind of swap options i have for it and what is the price tag on it?? i wanted to do some research for him and someones bound to kno on this forum. thankyee :) maybe put some REAL american muscle into it
 
Hey man ... Other Vehicles. You don't complain when we talk about swapping shit into Zeds :)

As far as price tag for a swap - Dunno. I can tell ya that it's prolly never been done. So good luck with it, because no one will be able to help you.

You're better off with the 4.3 Vortec swap into a Beretta.
 
drop a cadillac northstar in that bitch. Serious horsepower and torque in a ninja-quiet package.. you cant beat that! And dont tell me it can't be done. this one is in a friggin volkswagen golf.

northstar.jpg


Look into the fwd v6s.. Buick has some that can be built pretty well.. I would stay totally out of the domestic market, but that is me and this is you..

The popular swap is the 2.2l to the 2.4l cavalier engine. Both suck monkey nuts though.

Good luck, young jedi.
 
Originally posted by Celerity@Jul 29 2005, 07:45 AM
Hey man ... Other Vehicles. You don't complain when we talk about swapping shit into Zeds :)

As far as price tag for a swap - Dunno. I can tell ya that it's prolly never been done. So good luck with it, because no one will be able to help you.

You're better off with the 4.3 Vortec swap into a Beretta.
[post=532838]Quoted post[/post]​

I was just being surly. I know. Hey, at least I provided a relevant link!
 

posol

Staff member
i'd sell it..... and i used to own a cavlier many moons ago.


back in the day, the 3.1 v6 jbody's were all about throwing the 3.8 supercharged regal motor into the cavi.

but the 4-banger mounts aren't even close- so you're stuck. best you're going to do is the saturn ion motor or something 2.4l ecotech shit
 
Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Jul 29 2005, 12:19 PM
2.4l ecotech shit
[post=532941]Quoted post[/post]​



"Another exciting Cobalt at this year's show is the 272 SS coupe. Using the Cobalt SS (coming to dealerships in the next few months) as a basis, this supercharged and intercooled Chevy achieves an impressive 270 hp out of the 2.0-liter Ecotec engine."

It is very common to see them built to 700+ HP.

Its got potential.
 
We're americans, we don't need no imported turbo-chargin' shit.

"If you turbocharge, the terrorists win."
 

jamesA

VIP
Originally posted by y0iTsDEENOSE@Jul 29 2005, 02:03 AM
ok ok i know its domestic but its my brothers car.. and i just wanted to see if anyone knew what kind of swap options i have for it and what is the price tag on it?? i wanted to do some research for him and someones bound to kno on this forum. thankyee :) maybe put some REAL american muscle into it
[post=532753]Quoted post[/post]​


Was it 01 or 02 when they started putting the 2.2 ECOTECs in the Cavy's? If it has a 2.2 ECOTEC I say boost that fucker. Those 2.2s are stout little bastards.
 

Jeef

Moderator
VIP
I hate cavaliers, but my friend tows a boat with his 95 4door be model. Its funnny because I'll met him at the boat launch with my big truck and this tiny ass cavalier is towing the boat. He just can't go over 65 with it on the highway. I would tow it but its like an extra 45 min out of the way to get the boat.
Just buy the supercharger that gm offer for the car for like 2500 and call it a day. Don't piss too much money into that car.
 
Originally posted by Jeef@Jul 30 2005, 10:10 AM
Don't piss too much money into that car.
[post=533304]Quoted post[/post]​


:concur:

The resale is disgusting on caviliers.. You can pick up an 02 for 2500 if you shop around.

It would seem silly to dump 2500 into one.

Then Again, I've dumped something like $6000.00 in my CRX... Ah well.
 

jamesA

VIP
Ok you guys will help someone who wants to swap a 4000 dollar JDM b18c into a 250 dollar 89 CRX, but you won't at least try to find a swap for someone because the particular car he is referring to has a "horrible resale value".

Since when do any of you guys swap an engine, build a car and then trade it in within the next 6 years?

In essence, why the fuck would he care about trade in value? After you start swapping shit and the VINS don't match, it's not going to matter anyway.
 
Originally posted by 2000Si@Jul 31 2005, 02:02 AM
Ok you guys will help someone who wants to swap a 4000 dollar JDM b18c into a 250 dollar 89 CRX, but you won't at least try to find a swap for someone because the particular car he is referring to has a "horrible resale value".

Since when do any of you guys swap an engine, build a car and then trade it in within the next 6 years?

In essence, why the fuck would he care about trade in value? After you start swapping shit and the VINS don't match, it's not going to matter anyway.
[post=533529]Quoted post[/post]​



Give me 89 crx's for 250 a pop, I'll buy ALL THAT YOU CAN FIND.

we're biased toward hondas.. otherwise we would be trolling shitboxswap.com.

A cavalier is a throw away car. I had a 97 for 3 months while I worked on my car. At the end of the three months, I sold that bitch. Use it, toss it. They're like long-term rental cars. Snap together, billy bob engineered, beer-swilling redneck manufacured rental cars that break and fall apart. There is a reason for the shitty resale. nuff said.
 
Top