swapping ew4 - d15

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

crx-505

Hi i am just wondering how hard of a swap this would be . i am interested in doing this cause my ew4 has quite a bit of miles on it . And i can get a d15 for rather cheap . how much needs to be done . ie wiring ? computer? ect ... and what if i were to put a d16 with v tec?

thanks sparks

Well, you know that thing called google?? JK i was in the same boat a while back, but never did the swap. ... had a 84 civic hatch with ew1. I did some research and found that you could (if you want to) keep the EW bottom end and swap a d15 head and ecu, fuel lines, etc. no problem. Well, im not entirely sure if thats true seeing as i didnt even end up doing the swap... but i do know that a head gasket for EW1 will work for D15. Look it up man, and if you decide to tackle it, please document the build. Good luck man.

thanks for the input ... can anyone else confirm this .. any one actually done it ? that sounds like a interesting way to do it

you may need to get the more experienced member's attention...

Back