swapping rookie

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

freakachu

Im new to game so mayb someone can school me! i wanna swap a engine but im not sure what will fit into my car. i was thinking about a B16A.

all suggestions welcome.
just remember im not rich!
thanx :worthy:

B16A
B18B
B18C1
B18C5
H22A
H23A

pretty much any of the B series engines will fit right in ... the H series will take somo more work and have slight negative effects on handling
of these i would suggest the B18C1 ... good power decent Tq and plenty of mods for it costs a little more than the B16A but its worth it

figure out what you want to end up with when your done ... how much power, turbo or NA, what kind of driving, will it be a daily driver, take all of these into consideration... then pick an engine and study up on it ... 99.9999% of the time someone has already done or knows about what your thinking of doing so search for the answers ... if you dont find them ... ask

i would go ahead and say that either a gsr or an ls/vtec setup would be good. if money is tight... b16 all the way

regardless of what everyone above said- its all fine and good, but what it really comes down to is:
What do you want out of the car???

autox? street car? drag car?

dont forget about the mini
D16Z6

strong enough, cost effective, and easy for new swappers (myself included) to mod out.

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Oct 5 2002, 05:52 PM
regardless of what everyone above said- its all fine and good, but what it really comes down to is:
What do you want out of the car???

autox? street car? drag car?

dont forget. it also depends on how much money you have to spend :D

i wanna turn my car into a street racing car. but it will be for everyday use.
i was thinking about a GSR engine. but i need to know what YR will fit and i wanna know what other model car could fit into my HB.

thanx everyone for all the input.
i'd be lost without yall

what year is your HB??

heres a better question, exactily how much money do you have to spend???

money shouldnt be a problem i got about 4-5 g's. maybe can afford to spend a lil more. but i want this car to have more than 160hp and hella torque. im gonna keep the almost everything factory exept the headlights and a kit.

My vote would be for a LS/Turbo...

:drool:
turbo = torque.....

But that's just my thought, and it would be alot of money.

Originally posted by zueke@Oct 11 2002, 05:07 PM

turbo = torque.....

i dont think a ls/turbo would break the bank if you look around

if my fucking paypal account ever gets unrestricted im about to pick up a complete ls obd1 swap for 1300 shipped

turbo and manifold and hondata-1800

for 3100, power to cost ratio cant be beat

Originally posted by SolReaver+Oct 11 2002, 02:58 PM-->
@Oct 11 2002, 05:07 PM

turbo = torque.....

i dont think a ls/turbo would break the bank if you look around

if my fucking paypal account ever gets unrestricted im about to pick up a complete ls obd1 swap for 1300 shipped

turbo and manifold and hondata-1800

for 3100, power to cost ratio cant be beat

may not break the bank if you run just a little boost on a stock ls. If you build it up, bore out, sleeve, etc. It could break the bank :p

check your local junkyard, and you can probablly find an ls motor, do a mild build, and slap on the Turbo

(personal opinion, you can get the outer section of the tails to match the inner section (red and Clear
0 ... http://inet.nopi.com )

Originally posted by Smonkeyboy@Oct 12 2002, 01:15 AM
check your local junkyard, and you can probablly find an ls motor, do a mild build, and slap on the Turbo

(personal opinion, you can get the outer section of the tails to match the inner section (red and Clear
0 ... http://inet.nopi.com )

thats what i wanna do! just change the dam amber lights to clear, slap on a kit and some rims maybe some zion or angel eyes and swap for an engine.

i was doing some homework. the h22a has 190 hp. the most from this list above. i have to find the same yr engine as mine or can i put a 2000 prelude engine in my 94 hatchback? so will every 92-95 pruude have a h22a stock? :worthy: :spin:

Back