Tein Ss Or Ground Controls?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

asmallsol

Super Moderator
Teins SS (with pillow ball mount) or grond control with koni's or similar shocks.

If i got the Teins (which for the Del slo, they are kinda soft springs) All i would need is the coilover it self. price 900 price of pillow ball mounts

Ground control. Can get any spring rate i want and they are garenteed for life. Down side i would have to buy shocks. Is the adjustable ride height nessaccry? Would rather just have it at one height and keep it there. When you adjust the height, does that throw the alignment off? Price, 300 plus shocks.

What route should i go and even if i get a pretty stiff spring, if i get the adjustable shocks, can i still maintain a semi decent ride around town and then at the track make them extremly firm? (yes i know i am never going to get the cadi smoothness but i am in michigan where pot holes swallow cars)

IF you dont have money falling out your ass or you are not an auto'xer from hell, you would like the Ground Control and some adjustable shocks/struts. I would say Koni yellows, but im not sure their price.

Also, coilovers are not made for lowering/raising a vehicle. They are adjustable to evenally distributing the weight of the car and to have it truely tuned, you need 4 weights to set the car on. :)

If you can get the Tein SS with the pillow ball mounts for 900, tell me where, and go buy yourself a set! Once you add the Koni Yellows to your $300 Ground Controls, you'll be almost at the price of the full coilovers...

sorry kinda left out a word, teins are 900 price of pillow ball mounts (about 150 i am guessing)

What if i went with Tokico adj shocks instead. They are a little cheaper than the konis plus they are adjustable.

personally on my civic im running with ground control 1000lb rate springs in the back and 750 rate in the front... the ride of the car is a lil stiff in the back but it helps for good launches.... i also run with the tokico blues cause i couldnt afford the koni yellows at the time...

but i am very happy with the set up and i did improve 60 ft times by about .35 of a second... its not much but every one of my friends noticed the difference at the line :)

hope that helps

brand new TEIN HA kit cost me $1526 which includes the pillow ball mounts . . . if your like B and can find all kinds of deals on parts . . . used for $900

*edit: and the TEIN HA kit is CRAZY stiff. . . the most stiff suspension i have ever riddin on. . . may cause back pain and the ass end of your car to swing out when cornering hard on bumpy roads ;) but don't worry i stopped about 2ft before the edge of the bridge. . .hehe. . .and yes i loosened up the shocks after that.

if you think the del sol spring rates are weak, do what everyone else does- and run integra ones :) they go right on. if you get itr format- you need itr lca's which you can pick up from chris for 85 shipped.

I think that i might go the integra way.

tein SS for integra (540f/280r)
Tein SS for del slow (392f/168r) and they are the same price

Do i have to get any other integra parts to run them?

are tein SS with pillow ball mounts any good? or save some more money and buy the HA?

The SS are the replacement for the HA's. The HA's already come with pillow ball mounts where as the SS, they are extra. The HA's are better but your probally only going to find them used.

tein ha kit

tein ss kit

now as you can see they are totally different . . . the HA kit does not come with pillow ball mounts. some applications such as DSM eclipse/talons have the pillow ball mounts included in the kit. for the honda apps you must buy them seperate for the HA japanese spec kit

not the address for the HA kit tein.co.jp . . . the HA kit is not on the US site but i bet ALLJDM can get you the HA kit. . .i bought my kit new through a local performance shop so you don't have to get them used.

thank you . . . drive through

more HA info

TEIN SUPER STREET Damper . . . Sport handling and driving comfort combined

LMAO no one says that about the HA kit

Originally posted by wildbillhatchbac@Feb 9 2003, 04:47 PM
TEIN SUPER STREET Damper . . . Sport handling and driving comfort combined

LMAO no one says that about the HA kit

thats for damn sure. level 8, my back still hurts from this mornings drive home from work hehe

The HA's sound a little too expensive. Here are my two diffrent suspention lists

Tein SS coilovers 900
Pillowball mounts 150
Energy suspestion bushings 150ish
Rear progress tech. anti sway bar 200
Front and rear strut tower bars 2-300
total about 1700

Or

Ground control springs coilovers 300
Koni Yellow shocks 510
Energy suspension bushings 150ish
Rear Progress tech anti sway bar 200
Tower bars 2-300
Total 1460

For the amount that i saved, i could almost buy tires for the rotas i am getting. Also if i went with KYB AGX High Performance Shocks, i would save another 150, that is like almost getting the bushings for free. Any suggestions?

get the Suspension Techniques Speedtech Sway Bar System (about 300).... it comes with the most badd ass tie bar ive ever seen

Originally posted by SixtySecondAssassin@Feb 9 2003, 06:17 PM
werent the HA and SS out at the same time? since when is the SS the HA's replacement, you can still get HA's.

But not in the us. The SS replaced the HA's in america but in Japan, you can still buy them

Originally posted by asmallsol+Feb 9 2003, 06:25 PM-->
SixtySecondAssassin
@Feb 9 2003, 06:17 PM
werent the HA and SS out at the same time? since when is the SS the HA's replacement, you can still get HA's.

But not in the us. The SS replaced the HA's in america but in Japan, you can still buy them

You can still buy HA's in the states, but only for 4th gens.

Back