Test drove an STi...:o

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

92civicb18b1

The Trisexual
Wow, I'm trying to scrounge up a huge DP for it. I was actually really suprised with it's performance, I was almost scared to floor it with the dealer guy in the car.

I never should have driven it though. Now I'm really dissappointed in the Audi.

I'll probably end up just sticking with what I got, but that's defenitly gonna be my next car.

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Aug 16 2005, 04:36 PM
:werd:

thats kinda like saying i'll give you a base model skyline S instead of a GT-R. lol
[post=540826]Quoted post[/post]​
.. :lol:

at least the wrx still has AWD....

Yes, and it's still turboed (with an undersized turbo). The STi engine is half a liter bigger, with a bigger turbo, bigger intercooler w/ sprayer, better valvetrain and better bottom end. The WRX isn't a six-speed tranny with DCCD. It doesn't have 4-pot brakes up front and two-pots in the rear. It doesn't have the nifty stiff suspension, nor the 17" BBS wheels.

It's not even close.

That is the best part of the STi...the RAW power. I love the Evo, and im about to get the DP for one...decided to sell my lude. If you want to run people on the highway and SMOKE camaro SSs (on the track), go with the STi. If you wanna play with the big boys running the street courses...go with the Evo. A good power slide and fast drifts win more respect than a good 1/4 mile

Sti defenitly has no comparison to a WRX in stock form. I drove both. Yea it was an 05, and it was fuckin sexy.

And B I might take up your offer. I would still want one in a few years and if I don't have one by then, yours just may be perfect.

At least I'd be picking another sedan and could squeeze a baby seat in the back. :shrug2:

Originally posted by reikoshea+Aug 16 2005, 07:28 PM-->
A good power slide and fast drifts win more respect than a good 1/4 mile
[post=540863]Quoted post[/post]​

LMMFAO! ok dude... if you say so...

92civicb18b1
@Aug 16 2005, 08:02 PM
And B I might take up your offer. I would still want one in a few years and if I don't have one by then, yours just may be perfect.
[post=540876]Quoted post[/post]​

i change my mind almost daily... so we'll see what happens then.. lol

Now wait, I have 17" BBS rims.

-> Steve

The STi is also a fucking pig. Not that the regular WRX isn't, but WRX owners should march the streets with lit torches demanding the heads of the engineers responsible for this car.

Even STis don't scare me.

Whatcha laughin at B? I know youve tried it, and you know that if you took someone from the strip to the course they would either completely fuck up their suspension or see a lot of time in the dirt.

And hell a 13.6 (evo mr) aint a bad time at the strip it just aint no 13.2 (STi).

I just know that driving my friend's STi, and driving the dealership's MR, i like the MR better. The only things that comes close to it are the elise, what i learned to grip drive in, and the S2000 what i learned to drift (clutch kick and ebrake) in.

I dont know if you guys have a place like TMS up there, but if you do, i think you would have more fun there than at the strip.

i'm laughing because you think that power slides, drifitng, and 1/4 mile times earn you respect.

maybe amongst the ricer crowd.... but real drivers just shake their heads and laugh.

thats kinda like saying i'll give you a base model skyline S instead of a GT-R. lol

I wouldn't say that.

For the a lesser price, you can make a WRX run better numbers than the STI's sticker. I know its not stock vs stock, but in the world there are variables.

I think the WRX with a Cobb Stage 3 or Cobb Stage 4 and suspension upgrades is a far better deal than the STI. Still better on gas, cheaper on insurance, and cheaper all around.

I'm not saying if I didn't want to be troubled with modding something, or if I had the extra money to buy a STI straight out that I wouldn't, but ones not a god next to the other, in my mind.

A fwd car that has 0 traction til 100 miles per hour is fun to me. I don't think I'd be "scared" in an STi unless it was a 9 second car. Even then, I doubt I'd be "scared". I'd probably enjoy the ride. :)

I might be scared by an STi in the hands of a lunatic, though.

If I owned the car I wouldn't care. But with a test drive car I was a little nervous opening it up, there was also a little bit of traffic and I wasn't trying to mess around.

Originally posted by New2TheCarScene+Aug 16 2005, 11:37 PM-->

I wouldn't say that.

For the a lesser price, you can make a WRX run better numbers than the STI's sticker. I know its not stock vs stock, but in the world there are variables.

I think the WRX with a Cobb Stage 3 or Cobb Stage 4 and suspension upgrades is a far better deal than the STI. Still better on gas, cheaper on insurance, and cheaper all around.

I'm not saying if I didn't want to be troubled with modding something, or if I had the extra money to buy a STI straight out that I wouldn't, but ones not a god next to the other, in my mind.
[post=540977]Quoted post[/post]​

power wise- sure. its easy to get power out of it. but you still don't have the brakes, you still don't have the suspension, you still don't have the chassis, you don't have the flares for the wheels, etc etc all of that can add up REAL fast.

Originally posted by SiR Kid@Aug 17 2005, 01:00 AM
A fwd car that has 0 traction til 100 miles per hour is fun to me. I don't think I'd be "scared" in an STi unless it was a 9 second car. Even then, I doubt I'd be "scared". I'd probably enjoy the ride. :)

I might be scared by an STi in the hands of a lunatic, though.
[post=541042]Quoted post[/post]​

the sti can catch you off guard. pulling of side roads onto main roads, if you give it the right gas and the right amount of clutch slip, it can throw you in the seat pretty fucking hard.

when i had first gotten it, i was pulling out of a gas station trying to make a left out across a 4-lane busy road. the opening i had was very short, so I matted it.

after i finally got control of my body in the seat (did i mention the sti seats fucking suck?) i was like holy shit! lol

92civicb18b1
@Aug 17 2005, 03:31 AM
If I owned the car I wouldn't care. But with a test drive car I was a little nervous opening it up, there was also a little bit of traffic and I wasn't trying to mess around.
[post=541094]Quoted post[/post]​

most dealers won't even let you.

when i took mine out, they were imperitive that i don't takeit over 4000 rpms.

i can respect that.... that means that others who drove the car before me were also hopefully keeping the revs down.

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Aug 17 2005, 06:45 AM
power wise- sure. its easy to get power out of it. but you still don't have the brakes, you still don't have the suspension, you still don't have the chassis, you don't have the flares for the wheels, etc etc all of that can add up REAL fast.

:concur:

I'm running stock STi times at the dragstrip now. I bought the car for $17,500 (they're about $24k-$26k new), and I've probably put at least 5 grand into it. I'd still get pwned by an STi at the track, and with a couple hundred bucks in it, an STi would be pwning me on the dragstrip as well.

Steve - You're the first guy I've ever heard of getting the optional BBS wheels on the WRX. :)

He just didn't want me to wreck it. He wasn't concerned when I took it to 7k as long as I didn't speed to much. I was kinda hesitant still since it only had ~200 miles on it.

I would have to really drive it before I could buy it. I have a hard time believing I would be dissappointed but there is that chance.

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Aug 17 2005, 08:45 AM

Stop that talk, you're going to make me be unsatisfied with the WRX that I was about to buy. I was very very satisfied while driving it.

Also, I'm talking about speed and handeling mods for a lesser price than the STI, if you use aftermarket parts and are a savvy buyer. Sure, you can't get the STI's 6 speed tranny because that would hit you for a couple grand, but you can upgrade brakes and suspension and then do a Cobb Stage 3 for less than buying a STI around here.

Keep in mind, I can walk off the lot with a brand new WRX for $23-24k and a STI is going to run me atleast $30k and possibly up to $32k. Thats 6-7k of mods that I can do. I saw that you bought yours for around 28-29k and I was thinking how if I fly/drove to CT and bought a STI there and drove it back, I'd be saving money. I should buy and resell.

Back