Test drove

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

JDMPlaya

I test drove a 2003 Corolla S..

Any of you guys know anything about this car?

Is there alot of Aftermarket, Hows the engine in the car? Can I make it a peppy engine?

I have a baby, That's why I'm looking at the 4 door corolla..

Thanks for helping me out in this decision!

The S has a 130 hp 1.8L DOHC VVT-i Engine, a nice 5 speed, ground effects, four doors and white face gauges. I looked at one before the Si. Not bad at all.

If I were you though I'd get the XRS. 170 hp 1.8L DOHC VVTL-i, 6 speed, better ground effects, four doors and white face gauges.

To recap...

170 hp > 130
6 sp > 5 sp

;)

edit: as far as aftermarket, try lokoing up a toyota web board. I know there's TRD SCs out there for the 1.8.

a friend of mine's father got the XRS, Loves it. Never gives any kind of problem. He's not necessarily hard on it, but he flings it around corners and the such.

Consider the Civic ?

-> Steve

My neighbor just bought a S last week. He loves it to death so far.

screw a toyota, well, except for the Supra. but fast and furious made everyone love the supra, so i say again, screw a toyota

Originally posted by SiLude@Jun 18 2005, 11:10 AM
screw a toyota, well, except for the Supra. but fast and furious made everyone love the supra, so i say again, screw a toyota
[post=513717]Quoted post[/post]​

:wtf:

Originally posted by SiLude@Jun 18 2005, 08:10 AM

:blink: :blink: :blink:

i think it's too small and kinda weird looking.

The price is right, but I couldn't see myself driving one. Mid-newer Maximas, newer Altima.

Cheap and reliable while semi spacious...Saturn, yes I said it, I never had any type of maintenence issues with the ones I've had until my sister really beat the hell out of it.

Picked up a 2005 XRS with 19k miles on it an a kick ass warranty on it..

Now I need to hook it up.. anyone know what I can do with this :)

TRD. And nothing else.

Suspension, maybe a SC kit depending on the motor. Clutch, brakes and bushings.

-> Steve

Originally posted by JDMPlaya@Jun 18 2005, 10:07 PM

[post=513856]Quoted post[/post]​

:worthy: Nice! Was it partly cause of what I said?

and I'm with Celerity, go solely with TRD... might be more expensive though.

So how does the yota compare to the SER Spec V? Both have 170hp and 6 speeds. Both are kinda fugly IMO, but I am also in the market for the 4 door kid carrier. I drove the SRT4 and it's a pile IMO. I also drove the new mazda 3 (the sport model, i forget the badge) and was quite impressed. It is very nimble, and has quite a bit of pep. However, I am seriously leaning towards the spec V just for the torque and the aftermarket.

Spec V VS Corrola? Your thoughts?
Anyone driven them both?

Originally posted by 2000Si+Jun 19 2005, 06:33 AM-->
@Jun 18 2005, 10:07 PM

[post=513856]Quoted post[/post]​

:worthy: Nice! Was it partly cause of what I said?

and I'm with Celerity, go solely with TRD... might be more expensive though.
[post=513879]Quoted post[/post]​

Well the Dealer offered me a deal I couldn't refuse!

Pics to follow..

Oh yeah, I don't know jack shit about toyotas.. I'm guessing Toyotas Racing Development for TRD?

Originally posted by sohcslammer+Jun 19 2005, 10:44 AM-->
So how does the yota compare to the SER Spec V? Both have 170hp and 6 speeds. Both are kinda fugly IMO, but I am also in the market for the 4 door kid carrier. I drove the SRT4 and it's a pile IMO. I also drove the new mazda 3 (the sport model, i forget the badge) and was quite impressed. It is very nimble, and has quite a bit of pep. However, I am seriously leaning towards the spec V just for the torque and the aftermarket.

Spec V VS Corrola? Your thoughts?
Anyone driven them both?
[post=513916]Quoted post[/post]​

I've driven the V. It's heavier than the XRS, but it has a lot more torque.

XRS: 170 hp 127 ft lbs. 2670 lbs
Spec V: 175 hp 180 ft lbs. 2800 +/- lbs, Can't remember the exact number.

JDMPlaya
@Jun 19 2005, 11:28 AM
Oh yeah, I don't know jack shit about toyotas.. I'm guessing Toyotas Racing Development for TRD?
[post=513929]Quoted post[/post]​

Yeah.

i'm kinda soundin like a honda whore right now but how bout a TSX or 4 door GSR..... but if not i would say go with the spec v my freind has one, automatic and pulled off 15.4's stock. its a fun car for a 4 door.

Originally posted by jdm2gen03@Jun 21 2005, 02:47 AM
i'm kinda soundin like a honda whore right now but how bout a TSX or 4 door GSR..... but if not i would say go with the spec v my freind has one, automatic and pulled off 15.4's stock. its a fun car for a 4 door.
[post=514698]Quoted post[/post]​

Since when do Spec Vs come with automatics? <_<

Originally posted by SiLude@Jun 18 2005, 05:10 PM

Hate to tell you this guy, but Supras were big in the tuner sceen long before FnF...or...is that just when you noticed them ;)

Back