How to Test a VTEC Solenoid
- Disconnect the 1P connector from the VTEC solenoid valve.
- Measure resistance between the terminal and body ground.
- Resistance: approx ~30 ohms
- If the resistance is within specifications, remove the VTEC solenoid valve from the cylinder head, and check the VTEC solenoid valve filter for clogging.
- If there is clogging, replace the engine oil filter and the engine oil.
- If the filter is not clogged, push the VTEC solenoid valve with your finger and check its movement.
- If VTEC solenoid valve is normal, check the engine oil pressure.
Last edited by a moderator: