Testing the waters...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

George777

^^ Likes Bewbies
To make a long story short, I have a kid on the way, and my girl decided she wants to be closer to her family in California. So I have to sell everything to move out there. While I have posted lots of stuff on CL, I am in a bind with what to do with my car.

Here is the catch--If I sell everything except my car, I can just pack up what's left in the Civic and drive out there. If I sell my car, then I can keep everything else and rent a moving truck to get out there. It's a lose-lose for me. The only thing that would make the situation better is if I could trade my Civic for a vehicle that was more "baby friendly" and had A/C.

So, here goes a little about my car. I will try to be as informative as possible, and disclose everything. Feel free to ask questions, as I may forget some aspects of it.

1990 Civic DX Hatch

The good:

-Clean title, in hand.
-245,000 on the chassis
-Approximately 60,000 on a B20B swap
-LS IM and EM
-B16 cable tranny
-PR4 ECU
-'88 Prelude rims with good tires
-Ground Control coil overs (compliments of Celerity)
-New fuel pump
-Replaced fuel tank from CRX due to a leak in the old one.
-Autogage tach with shift light
-Magnaflow exhaust
-Pioneer DEH-P6000UB WMA/MP3/AAC Player
-Harmon/Kardon Drive & Play system, still installed, but not hooked up
-One Tenzo-R seat with harness on the drivers side--have stock seat, too.
-Fluidyne Dual Core radiator, just replaced about 8 months ago.
-Alarm
-No leaks, burns, or knocks

The bad:

-Very little rot. One spot on the drivers side rear quarter, and surface rust just starting to show on the pass. side.
-Crack on windshield
-Could use new struts (rides ok now, but they are getting old)
-Tranny grinds under hard acceleration, and occasionally with normal driving.
-CEL is on due to TPS and O2 sensor. Can fix problem by getting a TB with the TPS and stop screw still installed and swapping. It's a cheap fix.
-Heavy rain makes the carpets wet on the passenger side. Never noticed it until I moved back to CT, simply because Nevada hardly ever gets rain.
-My girl caught the exhaust on something and ripped the hanger on the muffler. It will need to be rewelded back on.

I think that's about it. Don't know if I forgot anything, so feel free to ask questions, and I will answer them for you.

I know that I will not get close to what I think the vehicle is worth, so that is why I am asking for other people's opinions on interest in the car. Since I am just testing the waters on this one, I will say that I feel an honest price would be $2500 obo.

Input is appreciated.

Sold...now who wants the shell?

Back