TESTING WATERS *RARE* Honda Del Sol VTEC - Built Motor- CLEAN - $7800

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

HatchSpeeD

...Hi...
Price Reduced -look-

Limited time only!!!
Buy it before Christmas for $6800!
If not, the car will be painted over the winter & the price will go back up.

Alrighty Ladies & Gents, read carefully. I want this car to go to a good home & to someone who will appreciate the work that's been done. I have thousands of dollars of receipts, especially concerning the motor & transmission build. Everything has been done right. I'm very meticulous about maintenance. If a part needs to be replaced, only OEM Honda parts are used. I have a thick folder of receipts from the prior owner of basic maintence dating back to when the car was new who like me, was anal about his cars. The car is rare & came with the original B16 powerplant.

Motor & Transmission built by Mike Belben of NEW ENGLAND HONDA REBUILDERS

Engine:
B18C1 GSR Block - Posted/bored/honed/surfaced Appox. 12-1 compression
81.5 Nippon racing ITR pistons, gas ported, balanced. (Extensive modifications to the pistons, valve relief too much to list)
ITR rods - Shot peen, balanced, resized big ends
ARP rod bolts
Modified oil pump
Plugged oil squirters
Oil galleries modified
Endyn breather kit for PCV replacement & crankcase gas relief.

99 SI B16 Head - Milled to flat quench
Full cylinder head porting
valve job
ARP head bolts/studs
00-01 ITR cams (same as CTR) Degreed in, comes with clearance card/camshaft timing.
ITR valvesprings
Skunk 2 cam gears
5 layer OEM HG
RC 370cc Injectors
Blox Intake manifold - cut open, cleaned up the casting, polished & reweld.
Hy-tech design replica long tube tri-y race header
AEM 3" intake

Transmission:
B16 - Y21
New 1-2 synchro (Never grinded, replaced for preventive maintence)
Limited slip differential
LS 5th gear - For low rpms on the hwy (Good for gas & the motor)
Fidanza 7.5lb flywheel with an extra ring surface if ever needed replacement.
Action Clutch 1MD - 6 puck unsprung clutch

Exhaust:
2.5" mandrel bent stainless steel piping tig welded by Mike Belben
2.5" flex pipe
2.5" 200 Cell Spun catylic converter from SMSP (way better than the conventional hi-flo honey comb cats) Almost flows like a test pipe.
2.5" resonator
2.5" Flat black vibrant stealth muffler - Clean & Mellow

MISC:
Hasport mounts
Koyo alluminum radiator with slim fan
Skunk 2 sway bars front & back
Skunk 2 camber kit front & back
Tokico shocks
H&R O.E. springs
New NGK v-power plugs (1 step colder)
New OEM wires
New OEM Cap & ITR rotor
New OEM Ignition Coil
Xenocron socketed ECU w/ reburnable chip
Sony cd/mp3 player w/detachable face plate
Infinity Kappa's in the front & Pioneers in the rear

Motor & Transmission have been glassedbeaded & cleaned during rebuild. Everything new...OEM gaskets, seals, bearings etc. I don't skimp out. I believe in doing things the right way. Motor has less than 5k on it. Installed this past November. I have close to 400 pictures of the build on CD. Changed the oil atleast 5 times since break in using only OEM Honda oil filters & the motor only has around 5k on it. Mobil 1 synthetic since break in.
Will last for a long time & take a ton of abuse. 255 psi across the board.
Built to be very resistant to detonation.

Tuned at DSG in Norwood & was told it was the highest outputting all motor Honda they've tuned yet. This was in July & one of the hottest/humid damn days this year & it's only running ITR cams. Not only that it was a conservative tune for reliability & didn't even touch the cam gears. It's begging for cams. I only live 5 mins from my job & barely drive it.

Anyhow, the car is pretty clean in & out. Looks oem & is pretty much untouched. Factory Milano red paint, slightly fading. All it needs is a fresh paint job to be perfect. I'm sure I missed some things in this long ad. I try to be as descriptive as possible. I'm a very honest & up front guy.
It has a clean title.

Lastly, I have the original B16A3 that came out of the car. Ran excellent, did not use one bit of oil. I was going to build it for boost down the line but will include it with the car for a very cheap price if interested. Will not part with the motor unless the car is sold without it so please do not ask.

PS. Car will come with 2 sets of rims. 4 steelies with new tires & 4 Integra spider rims w/ tires.

P1040601.jpg

solrear.jpg

NEHRcovershot.jpg

MoreSol001.jpg

MoreSol008.jpg

MoreSol006.jpg

MoreSol018.jpg

MoreSol019.jpg

MoreSol016.jpg

MoreSol015.jpg

MoreSol009.jpg

Last edited:
fyi - your CL link is bad.

quit copying from h-t. lol

LOL...Sorry. :p
I just copied & pasted from CL then H-T. I only put up the link because I didn't host the pics anywhere till now.

Like mentioned, the price is there & if still interested let me know. Where are you located?

Look above, I already covered that. Long story short if you don't want to read, aprox 200whp (estimated translation on a dynojet) on ITR cams, no touching of cam gears on one of the hottiest, humid days this past summer. This motor will make 230whp with the right cams in it's 1.8 liter form. Not only that, I just replaced my ignition coil a few weeks ago & it's been running way stronger. I guess it was failing for awhile. I did 3 compression tests prior since installing the motor & never unhooked the harness to the dizzy, eventually shorting out the coil. I always pulled the ecu fuse but didn't realize the dizzy harness needs to be disconnected. You live & you learn & now she runs even better.

Back