thats it... i really want a nissan now

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

i got a plan for you, sell your car, your ls swap (sell it to me!!) and buy a 240sx and swap in a sr20det and have 400 whp on stock internals :)

then upgrade the suspension on the 240 and there you have it

i already told you if you get rid of your car i want the del sol VTEC cluster

Originally posted by E_SolSi@Oct 30 2002, 12:48 AM
i already told you if you get rid of your car i want the del sol VTEC cluster

ok you can have the cluster, but i get the motor!!!

:p

would you take the parts too?

the motor is in peices....
bare block- bare head....

got pistons, rods, studs, block guard, cam gears, skunk2 manifold, blah blah all ready to get machined and then boosted.... just need some Clevit 77's :) and she goes off to the machine shoppe.

I really want to do up the sol, but i also really want a rwd boosted rice rocket :)

[convincing tone] yeah brian, that nissan would be hardcore! it would be a good idea to sell your shit soon, hehehe

seriously though, a straight 240 can be had for 3G's and the sr20 swap will run 1500. Boost controller-60 bucks Add suspension for 1200- and you have a car that will damn near OWN anything for under 6K

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Oct 30 2002, 12:55 AM
would you take the parts too?

the motor is in peices....
bare block- bare head....

got pistons, rods, studs, block guard, cam gears, skunk2 manifold, blah blah all ready to get machined and then boosted.... just need some Clevit 77's :) and she goes off to the machine shoppe.

I really want to do up the sol, but i also really want a rwd boosted rice rocket :)

yeah i would buy all the motor parts separetly

and whats a clevit 77?

now this is drifting!

if it was my decision B id do up the sol and then do a RWD car for your next project ... thats what i plan to do ... the del sol is kick ass ... but there is some stuff you just need RWD to do ... like drifting, real donuts, power braking smoke shows, kicking the ass end out under hard acceleration.... RWD is fun but i wouldnt give up the del sol

i just don't know mang :/

I dont know what i want to do anymore

(Clevit 77 are bearings)

well here is my two cents:
yes the sol would be badass when it is modded, but then you will probably want to get a rwd car, then comes the time to sell the sol, and chances are you probably wont get as much money as you put into it. So the question is: why not just start with the rwd car in the first place?

btw, im not just saying that cause i want your motor :p
im not driving a rwd car now for 1 reason: my parents bought me my sol, and the only way i would be able to raise the funds to get a rwd car is to sell my car. That is not gonna happen cause the title is in their name too, and they dont agree with the idea of me driving a rwd car, which is why they got me the sol in the first place :)

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Oct 30 2002, 01:16 AM
point well taken-

but it's really not a money thing....
I have a great job- and i live at home. lol.

lol, yeah i wish i had mad cash...damn college takes up all my money

well if you do decide to get the nissan, just remember that you have a buyer for the motor :)

you never get what you put into a car when you sell it ... you cant look at it like that ... look at it as buying pleasure.... every mod you get you have to look at the price and figure out if it will give you that much added driving enjoyment to justify the price your about to pay ...

Originally posted by E_SolSi@Oct 30 2002, 01:27 AM
you never get what you put into a car when you sell it ... you cant look at it like that ... look at it as buying pleasure.... every mod you get you have to look at the price and figure out if it will give you that much added driving enjoyment to justify the price your about to pay ...

thats exactly right- it seems as if brian would have more pleasure in a turbo rwd beast, drifting and shit, than in his sol.

Back