The Black Box on the Back of the Block??

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

rfrumusa01

Bean Cakes
Ok, so what the hell is the black box on the back of the engine block?? Need to know what the hell that is and what it does. Need to know. Because it is loose. BTW... D16Y8 engine, 97 Civic. Anyone??

metal box? rubber hoses going to it? i think from some of your other posts your runnin the bosted sohc? well on my B16A it's a recirculating catchcan of sorts, from the factory. 1 line for vacuum, 1 line for crankcase ventilation. Then the bottom has a large pipe like connection that goes into the back of the block to the thing under the crank, above the oil pan, girdle or w/e, can't remember at the moment. But basicly routes back to the oil pan. If this is what your asking about...

Ok, cool. Well if it is loose, would it possibly be the cause of oil leakage? I have oil all over the drv. suspension somehow, and cannot figure out where it is coming from. Not power steering fluid. Oil. I know the oil return line from the turbo has a slight drip, but that is way to far away from where I am seeing oil, and it does not leak enough. I'm going to tighten that crankcase vent. box u call it anyway, but if it were loose, would it cause an oil leak??

^ Canister on the firewall = teh bitch
damn thing killed my gas mileage when it was unhooked lol (i didnt know it was unhooked)

Back