The Grand Tour

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Briansol

Admins
Admin
VIP
Episode one is out on Amazon Prime. What do you think?

Same?
Worse?
Better?
Just glad it's back?

I thought the first 3-4 minutes introducing the series was amazing.

Overall I liked it a little better. I think the freedom to at least feel like they could do what they want helped it out a little bit. I'm also glad they didn't try to do all the same stuff and just remake top gear.

Top Gear was my all time favorite show. I love those guys! The opening scene of The Grand Tour when they roll up next to each other in the mustangs and smile back and forth.. That actually brought a tear to my eye. I'm insanely happy that they're back! It was like the superbowl here yesterday! That being said, I think the show reeks of "new". Hopefully it'll get better with time.

I am not a fan of their new track.. All that money and they scrounge a crappy bit of english farm road to race back and forth on and call it a track? They put so much thought and design into the top gear test track, that thing was amazing. Even if it was an old airfield, they actually designed a track that tested every aspect of a car's handling, exposed weakness, etc. A true test track. The new one is some twisties with a mad tyte drift loop. Ok. I don't like the track at all. Enough said there.

I'm hoping they refine a bit. I didn't like it as much as the original Top Gear, but its still an awesome show. I love the comedy between the trio, but it seems they've shifted the focus from cars with comedy to comedy with cars. If that makes any sense. I think it will improve 1000% once they get the "go nuts" out of their system and get back to business a little bit.

I pretty much agree with Phyregod, I'm stoked that they are back up but I think they have a few kinks to work out. But its new and they have time to get things rolling. Not a fan of the track at all.

I enjoyed the crap out of it. I don't think the track annoyed me as much as everyone else. I will say that the RAF gag dragged on a bit too long. I stopped laughing before it was over.

The track thing might not even be an issue at all. Who knows if they really keep that track that whole season. It could have been half the joke since they didn't put any other cars on it.

I thought it as great, except that intro. I felt like they could have done much better. Oh well, not judging it on that first few minutes. Can't wait for next Friday episode!

I've really enjoyed the first couple episodes with the exception of the dead celebrity bit. Was hoping it was a one time deal until Charlize Theron got eaten by a lion.

I've really enjoyed the first couple episodes with the exception of the dead celebrity bit. Was hoping it was a one time deal until Charlize Theron got eaten by a lion.

I was going to post that as well. I was really hoping to see her on the show.

One thing that has entertained me is their time spent on pissing off the host country. The RAF thing ran long in the first one, but it started good. Then they shit on the South African president for not being able to read numbers.

I love it. basically the same as the old show. the same banter between them, the same fun kind of car stunts and challenges.

the last couple of episodes have gotten much better. Getting back to the old feel of what made top gear awesome. the first two episodes just had too much shiney newness I guess. Hate that they can't do celebrity interviews but feel like that whole skit just needs to go away.

Loved the Land Rover made of mud. "how much does that weigh May?" "In what unit of measure" "Tons".... "5".. lol

Season 1 car and driving bits were good. When they actually tried to be funny, it felt contrived and insincere. The celebrity bit and grumpy American driver got old after the third episode.

the driver has been replaced.
the celeb killing is dead

the driver has been replaced.
the celeb killing is dead
grumpy-cat-good-meme.jpg

I only got to watch the first half of the episode last night. From that I feel like they're getting less funny in their old age. Like I got why they were at the hotel, and why they were going where they were going. But it definitely didn't strike as hard as when they were in France and Jeremy had the Ford GT.

The humor is definitely forced at times. Not gonna lie though the dick shifter in the beach buggy episode last year had my wife and I in tears.

But maybe we're both 13 at heart.

Back