the importantance of the iab

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

ukaccord92

sup guyz and gurus , i have questions to ask .... im from the uk and i done a h22 swap in a 2.0i accord cb3 it was pretty straight forward except for the ironing out issues. well some of you might not be familliar with the ukdm spec motors they share some similarities to the usdm motors in alot of ways ....ok let me move on , originally the motor in my car is a f20a8 series motor which doesnt carry a iab/ (back box) this jdm h22a motor had iab what would be the set back not having this connected ? at the moment the h22 drink fuel like crazy n doesnt kick like a h22 suppose to im have a lot of rev bouncing problems also at a low revs the car seems to pull back like fuel starve below 2-3000 rpm, over 3000rpm the picks up fine but doesnt respond well instead drinks fuel like crazy theres other issues like the idle bouncing , selectin gears (auto box) coming to a stop and the idle bounces up and down like mad then idle back to normal the last thing i wanna do is take it to honda and get stung big time so im askin for some input on im throwing one code( eld ) but no light iwas told to take out the cat which ive havnt done what next please help ...accordable02@aol.com

Originally posted by ukaccord92@May 20 2005, 08:16 PM
sup guyz and gurus , i have questions to ask .... im from the uk  and i done a h22 swap in a 2.0i  accord cb3  it was pretty straight forward except for  the ironing out issues. well  some of you might not  be  familliar with the ukdm spec motors they share some  similarities to the usdm motors  in alot of ways  ....ok let me move on  , originally the motor in my car is a f20a8 series motor which doesnt carry a iab/ (back box)  this  jdm h22a motor had  iab  what would be the set back not having this connected ? at the moment the h22 drink fuel like crazy n  doesnt  kick like a h22 suppose to im have a lot of rev bouncing problems also at a low revs the car seems to pull back like  fuel starve  below 2-3000 rpm, over 3000rpm  the picks  up fine but doesnt respond well instead drinks fuel like crazy theres  other issues like  the idle bouncing , selectin gears (auto box) coming  to a stop and the idle bounces up and down like mad then idle back to normal the last thing i wanna do is take it  to honda and get stung big time so im askin  for some input on  im throwing one code( eld ) but no light  iwas told to take out the cat which ive havnt done what next please help ...accordable02@aol.com
[post=501879]Quoted post[/post]​

Wow, completely different issues here.

ELD, electronic load detector. It's the heart of your electrical system. I have not had a problem with mine, or replaced it. Isn't your UK model different in that respect? I think you'll need to figure this one out by comparing your specs to US specs.

The tranny issue I touched on in the other thread.

The idle bounce may be connected to your ELD, so fix that first, then work on the idle bounce. All of your fuel problems might be tied to this electrical problem.

Lastly, and your least concern is your IAB. You should connect it in my opinion, but it is not necessary. I've found that I get slightly better lowend power, and a little better mileage with it in use. It's not the big fuel saver that you are hoping for, so save this for the end. It will not throw a code or cause any of your other problems.

Back