The Infamous Miata

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

SiLude

tn_gallery_38821_390_102127.jpg

tn_gallery_38821_390_78.jpg

tn_gallery_38821_390_23216.jpg

but hey, $350 is not too bad of a price. i mean, at least it works.

do what I am doing and give it a paint job. Autozone and a few other part stores (I actually bought from murrays autoparts) carry duplicolor painting systems. Dupicolor makes a primer filler, primer sealer, and final one stage top coat and reducers all for EXTREMLY cheap. They have like 5 or so colors to chose from, including silver, matalic blue, red, white, as well as a few other. I am going to go with white since white will hide imperfections in the body much better than any other color. The darker it is, the harder it is to make look good. Also, with my carbon fiber hood and soon to be black Konig Kolors (orange and white will look even worse then what it does now lol) I think that it will look pretty good. I was going to go with championship white, but when I went to Sherwin Williams, I was quoted 250 a gallon for just the paint. The autozone "fleet white" costs 35.99 a gallon. Easy choice on a car that I won't have for very long.

i forgot to add this:

last night i had to leave the car at my job and take the van home for a delivery this morning. tell me why someone decided they were gonna steal my AFTERMARKET TAPE PLAYER, and then decided not to and just left it hanging in the drivers seat. they did, on the other hand, walk away with maybe 2 screwdrivers?!?!? good haul right? jackasses, if they were to open the glove box they would have gotten my discman, but no, they took screwdrivers instead. people these days...

Originally posted by asmallsol@Aug 4 2005, 03:41 PM
do what I am doing and give it a paint job. Autozone and a few other part stores (I actually bought from murrays autoparts) carry duplicolor painting systems. Dupicolor makes a primer filler, primer sealer, and final one stage top coat and reducers all for EXTREMLY cheap. They have like 5 or so colors to chose from, including silver, matalic blue, red, white, as well as a few other. I am going to go with white since white will hide imperfections in the body much better than any other color. The darker it is, the harder it is to make look good. Also, with my carbon fiber hood and soon to be black Konig Kolors (orange and white will look even worse then what it does now lol) I think that it will look pretty good. I was going to go with championship white, but when I went to Sherwin Williams, I was quoted 250 a gallon for just the paint. The autozone "fleet white" costs 35.99 a gallon. Easy choice on a car that I won't have for very long.
[post=535856]Quoted post[/post]​

dont mean to thread jack.

hey man could you pm me some more info or tips or something? i would like to do this myself.

well I will actually be making a post about it sometime next week (basicly a before, during, more during, then some more during, and finally after)

So far I have sanded down the the paint that is on there, and today masked everything. Masking take FOREVER.

Originally posted by asmallsol@Aug 4 2005, 04:53 PM
well I will actually be making a post about it sometime next week (basicly a before, during, more during, then some more during, and finally after)

So far I have sanded down the the paint that is on there, and today masked everything. Masking take FOREVER.
[post=535879]Quoted post[/post]​

for the amateur yes. haha i know how u feel tho it used to take me a long tiem to mask a car when i first beagn...now i mask complete cars for a paintjob in 45 min alone. Everything takes time....vtecsir if u have any questions of the RIGHT way to prep and paint your car pm me and i will do all i can to help....not to say others dont know, but i do this for a living and if doing this right the first time is what your looking to do than let me know i will guide u thruogh it if youd like

Originally posted by SiLude@Aug 4 2005, 03:34 PM
i have enough trouble saving up $400. plus i'm selling it.
[post=535851]Quoted post[/post]​

Forget the overpriced/underpowered S2k motor -> just put a ford 302 in there for $500!

I rode in a boy of mines with a built 302 in his miata, it was freakin scary, you should do that. AND put the rainbow racing stripes, then enjoy the look on the vette guys face when the manlove-miata walked him at a light.

Originally posted by Cashizslick+Aug 5 2005, 08:00 AM-->
@Aug 4 2005, 03:34 PM
i have enough trouble saving up $400.  plus i'm selling it.
[post=535851]Quoted post[/post]​

Forget the overpriced/underpowered S2k motor -> just put a ford 302 in there for $500!
[post=536109]Quoted post[/post]​

Fuck an underpowered antiquated piece of shit 302.

Two letters and one number for you... LS6.

Originally posted by 2000Si@Aug 5 2005, 10:48 PM
Fuck an underpowered antiquated piece of shit 302.

Two letters and one number for you... LS6.
[post=536461]Quoted post[/post]​

Wrong number. That should be a 7.

well, i got an offer for $500 yesterday, so if you can do better...

the only problem with the car is the paint and the top. it runs good, the interior is in good shape except the drivers seat has a rip in it. 145,000mi. takes $20 to completly fill up the tank at about $2.40/ga

Back