The latest GS-R find

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

UDT

Ok so i whent and looked at a green 97 GS-R clean title second owner, with 72k miles for 7.2k with phat fives and some Big ass Apexi can (n1 i think) the inside is about a 6 out of a 10 (10 being best) and theres a scuff on the lower corner back bumper about 6" long, other then that its pretty clean. what do you guys think? I can get it with racing harts for 7.5k the two on the passenger side were cirbed a little but not to bad and the other two are clean.

:cliffs: 7.2k on phat fives and 7.5k on 17" racing harts that have been curbed a lil on the passenger side.

Your guys thoughts?..........Its the green teg

The rest of the photos

s4067a7487c842.jpg

the phat fives are tight, if you get them and don't want them I'll buy them from ya considering they're isn't any curbage on them.

btw, 7.2K for a gsr with a clean title sounds pretty good to me.

i agree- i think this is one is prolly a keeper- as long as the motor runs well and it is in as good of shape as it looks in real life then i would go with it homie :thumbsup:

I can guarantee you that the owner has beat on the car. Ask the owner what kind of maintenance he has done to it. Test drive it and don't be afraid to step on it. Check the fluids, belts, and grinds in the tranny. 7.5k is a lot to spend if you get a lemon.

looks good to me and for 7.5k its not a bad ddeal either

Heres the Car fax

Good News -- Vehicle qualifies for the CARFAX Buyback Guarantee! No severe problems (major accidents, fire, flood damage, major odometer problems or lemon history) were ever reported by a Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) for this 1997 ACURA INTEGRA GS-R (JH4DC2385VS005324). If you find that any of these severe problems were reported to a DMV and not included in this report, CARFAX will buy this vehicle back.
You must register to activate this free guarantee!

CARFAX Talking CarTM
The story of this 1997 ACURA INTEGRA GS-R (JH4DC2385VS005324) according to our interpretation of the information reported to CARFAX:
This hatchback has had 4 owners and was owned in California. It was originally registered by the owner for personal use.
It has had no minor or moderate accidents reported to CARFAX.
It has had no DMV-reported total loss events, like a major accident, fire or flood.
It has a consistent mileage history with no indication of an odometer rollback. It was driven an average of 11,490 miles per year, which is lower than the industry average of 15,000. The last odometer reading, reported on 11/05/2003, was 68,379 miles.
It was not reported to a DMV as a Manufacturer Buyback (LEMON).
Its basic warranty has expired. You may want to discuss an extended warranty with your dealer.
Go to the Detailed Vehicle History for the complete history and a glossary of terms.

Report Summary
1. ACCIDENT CHECK

Total Loss Check No Severe Accidents Reported to DMV - Buyback Guarantee!
Other Accident Indicators No Accident Indicators Reported
2. MILEAGE ACCURACY CHECK

Truth-In-Mileage Check No Odometer Problems Reported to DMV - Buyback Guarantee!
Odometer Rollback Check No Potential Odometer Rollback Found
Mileage Consistency Check No Inconsistent Odometer Reading Found
3. LEMON CHECK®
No Mfr. Buyback Reported to DMV - Buyback Guarantee!
4. OWNERSHIP CHECK

Number of Owners 4 Estimated Owner(s)
Type of Owners Originally Registered as a Personal Vehicle
5. RECALL CHECK
ACURA Does Not Report Recalls to CARFAX
6. WARRANTY CHECK
No Coverage Remaining on Basic Warranty
DETAILED VEHICLE HISTORY 13 HISTORY RECORDS REPORTED
Tell us what you know about this vehicle

Year/Make/Model: 1997 ACURA INTEGRA GS-R

Body Style: HATCHBACK 2 DR
Engine: 1.8L L4 PFI DOHC VTEC
Fuel: GASOLINE
Driveline: FRONT WHEEL DRIVE
Manufactured in: JAPAN
Safety Equipment: 4 wheel ABS, Dual front air bags/active (manual) belts

Standard Equipment: Power Windows, Power Steering, Air Conditioning, AM / FM CD, Power Brakes, Power sun / moon roof, Tilt Wheel

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Still looking for the perfect ACURA INTEGRA GS-R? Check out a list of them in your area.

FREE to you from CARFAX. With the CARFAX Vehicle History Report, you get all this additional information to help you make the right decision when buying or selling a used car or truck.

How safe and reliable is this 1997 ACURA INTEGRA GS-R?
Find out with the CARFAX Safety & Reliability Report.

Looking for other CARFAX Certified Cars like this one in your area?
Get a complete, up-to-date list of CARFAX Certified Cars

What are other CARFAX customers saying about this 1997 ACURA INTEGRA GS-R?
Share what you know about this vehicle - Add a CARFAX Customer Rating & Comment.

Helping your teen learn to drive?
Get safe teen driving tips and information with the CARFAX Safe Teen Drivers Program.

Total Loss Check:

GOOD NEWS! No severe damage events were ever reported by a DMV for this 1997 ACURA INTEGRA GS-R (JH4DC2385VS005324). If you find that any of the following severe problems were reported by a DMV and not included in this report, CARFAX will buy this vehicle back. You must register to activate this free guarantee!

Salvage Title Loss Due To Fire Title
Junk Title Flood Damage Title
Rebuilt/Reconstructed Title Hail Damage Title
Dismantled Title Canadian Total Loss

Other Accident Indicators:

This 1997 ACURA INTEGRA GS-R (JH4DC2385VS005324) had no accident indicators reported to CARFAX from its sources. This section checks for accidents and/or related damage reported from many public and private sources. Not all accidents are reported to CARFAX. A vehicle inspection completed by your dealer or professional mechanic is recommended.

No Salvage Auction Record Reported No Crash Test Vehicle Record Reported
No Fire Damage Record Reported No Airbag Deployment Record Reported
No Police Accident Record Reported No Damage Disclosure Record Reported

CARFAX depends on public and private sources for its accident data. Each one of these sources has different processing times. CARFAX can only report what is in our database on 29.Mar.2004 08:59:47. New data will result in a change to this report.
Not all accidents are reported to the Police. Tell us if you know of other fender benders, accidents or damage.

Accident Check FAQs:
Accident FAQs | Glossary | Register FREE Guarantee | CARFAX Help Center

Truth-In-Mileage Check:

GOOD NEWS! No major odometer problems were ever reported by a DMV under the Truth-In-Mileage Act for this 1997 ACURA INTEGRA GS-R (JH4DC2385VS005324). If you find that any of the following odometer problems were reported by a DMV and not included in this report, CARFAX will buy this vehicle back. You must register to activate this free guarantee!

Not Actual Mileage Title - issued by DMV when the owner discloses mileage fraud or a broken odometer.
Exceeds Mechanical Limits Title - issued by DMV when the owner discloses an odometer rollover.

Odometer Rollback Check:

CARFAX found no odometer rollbacks for this 1997 ACURA INTEGRA GS-R (JH4DC2385VS005324). Rollbacks reported in this section originate from readings collected by a DMV or other verifiable source.

Mileage Consistency Check:

CARFAX found no inconsistent odometer readings in the mileage history of this 1997 ACURA INTEGRA GS-R (JH4DC2385VS005324).

Date: Mileage:
11/04/1997 57
10/07/1999 43,146
01/08/2000 43,175
10/22/2001 47,348
02/07/2002 48,167
02/09/2002 48,450
08/06/2003 65,437
11/05/2003 68,379

Average miles driven per year 11,490 CARFAX AdvisorTM Compare this vehicle's average annual mileage to the industry average of 15,000 miles per year. Use this comparison to determine how this vehicle was driven.

Do you know this vehicle's current mileage? Tell us and help protect others from mileage fraud.

Mileage Accuracy Check FAQs:
Mileage Accuracy FAQs | Glossary | Register FREE Guarantee | CARFAX Help Center

GOOD NEWS! No manufacturer buyback was ever reported by a DMV for this 1997 ACURA INTEGRA GS-R (JH4DC2385VS005324). If you find that a manufacturer buyback was reported by a DMV and not included in this report, CARFAX will buy this vehicle back. You must register to activate this free guarantee!

Lemon Check FAQs:
Lemon Check FAQs | Glossary | Register FREE Guarantee | CARFAX Help Center

Ownership History:

CARFAX estimates that this 1997 ACURA INTEGRA GS-R (JH4DC2385VS005324) had 4 owner(s). CARFAX analyzed this vehicle's title history and other supporting events to identify potential ownership transfers. In compliance with the U.S. privacy laws, CARFAX does not collect or report owner names or addresses.

Estimated Owners: Date: Location:
1st owner 11/24/1997 California
2nd owner 02/03/2000 California
3rd owner 02/07/2002 California
4th owner 08/06/2003 California

CARFAX AdvisorTM
The cost of ownership varies by vehicle. Go to Edmunds.com to check the recommended service schedule and estimated costs for this vehicle.

Types of Owners:

This 1997 ACURA INTEGRA GS-R (JH4DC2385VS005324) was originally registered as a Personal Vehicle.

Personal Use Registration Reported No Fleet Registration Reported
No Lease Registration Reported No Commercial Registration Reported
No Rental Registration Reported No Non-Profit Registration Reported
No Government Registration Reported No Built to Non U.S. Standards Record Reported
No Taxi Registration Reported

Do you have information about how this vehicle was used or driven? Tell us what you know.

Ownership Check FAQs:
Ownership FAQs | Glossary | Register FREE Guarantee | CARFAX Help Center

ACURA does not report recall information for specific vehicles to CARFAX.
Go to the CARFAX SAFETY & RELIABILITY REPORT for recalls issued by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration for the 1997 ACURA INTEGRA GS-R. You can also contact an authorized dealership or ACURA at 1-800-999-1009 to find out if this 1997 ACURA INTEGRA GS-R (JH4DC2385VS005324) still has recalls that require repair.

Recall Check FAQs:
Recall FAQs | Glossary | Register FREE Guarantee | CARFAX Help Center

CARFAX estimated the remaining original manufacturer warranty coverage for this 1997 ACURA INTEGRA GS-R (JH4DC2385VS005324) using the date this report was generated (29.Mar.2004 08:59:47) and the last odometer reading reported to CARFAX. If you have a current odometer reading, you may recalculate the remaining warranty coverage.

Estimated start date of warranty: 11/24/1997
Last reading reported on 11/05/2003: 68,379 miles
Today's Date: March 29, 2004

Type of Coverage: Original Warranty: Remaining Coverage:
Basic 48 months or 50,000 miles Coverage expired
Drivetrain 48 months or 50,000 miles Coverage expired
Emissions 24 months or 24,000 miles Coverage expired
Corrosion 60 months or unlimited mileage Coverage expired
Transferable Transferable at no cost Same
Roadside Assistance 48 months or 50,000 miles Coverage expired
Safety belt & inflatable restraint No data reported to CARFAX
Notes: ACURA TOTAL LUXURY CARE PROVIDES ROADSIDE ASSISTANCE & CONCIERGE SERVICE.

CARFAX Warranty Check provides an estimate of this vehicle's remaining warranty coverage. It does not take into account some vehicle history events. For example, major accidents resulting in Salvage or Junk titles that may void the original manufacturer warranty or ownership transfers that may decrease warranty coverage. Complete warranty coverage information is available for this vehicle at the at the ACURA web site.

Warranty Calculator FAQs:
Warranty FAQs | Glossary | Register FREE Guarantee | CARFAX Help Center

CARFAX searched more than 2.7 billion records from over 5,300 sources and found 13 record(s) for this 1997 ACURA INTEGRA GS-R (JH4DC2385VS005324).

Date:
Mileage Reading:
Source:
General Comments:

11/04/1997 57 California
Motor Vehicle Dept.
Odometer reading reported for title

11/24/1997 California
Motor Vehicle Dept.
Title issued
First owner reported

11/24/1997 California
Motor Vehicle Dept.
Registered as
personal vehicle

10/07/1999 43,146 California
Inspection Station
Downey, CA
Passed emissions inspection

11/11/1999 Dealer Inventory
Downey, CA
Vehicle offered for sale

01/08/2000 43,175 California
Motor Vehicle Dept.
Huntington Park, CA
Odometer reading reported for title

01/12/2000 Service Plan Co.
Huntington Park, CA
Service Contract Issued

02/03/2000 California
Motor Vehicle Dept.
Huntington Park, CA
Title issued
New owner reported

10/22/2001 47,348 California
Inspection Station

02/07/2002 48,167 California
Motor Vehicle Dept.
Stanton, CA
Title issued
New owner reported

02/09/2002 48,450 California
Inspection Station
Anaheim, CA

08/06/2003 65,437 California
Motor Vehicle Dept.
Anaheim, CA
Title issued
New owner reported

11/05/2003 68,379 California
Inspection Station
Anaheim, CA

:cliffs: The car faxed good with the exception of him telling me he was the second owner when hes the fourth.

I think im gonnna buy it guys.......... we will know within the next 4 hours...

Originally posted by UDT@Mar 29 2004, 09:36 AM
I think im gonnna buy it guys.......... we will know within the next 4 hours...

carfax report looks good. If it feels right then do it. cough *phat fives* cough.
:D

Im now the proud owner of 97 GS-R :p one problemo...........i knew the car had some type of sleev coil over, well i got it to a friends house and checked them out to see WTF they were, well turns out the left front sleave is split right befor the lower perch for the spring. Its split like and up side down "V" al the way up to where the lower perch/ adjuster starts, about 2" of splitting. First how big a danger am i in and second looks like some ground controls are in my future since i whent over budget a lil and i think im gonna have to put something on there soon for saftey sake. Wheres the best place to get GCs from and whats a ood spring rate front and back?

Pics tomarrow, its to late after all the crusing.

Funny thing, as im driving home on the freeway a yellow type R pulls up then bones out, right as i started to pull back to his ass my sis in the car ahead of me kinda cut me off, im sure to keep me from racing his ass.

Also does any one know if your suposed to be able to feel the ABS in the brake pedal? I came to a quick stop and it felt almost like the pedal was dragging on the ground kinda scared me for a sec.

sounds like you got a bit of a fixer upper there. You might want to get those breaks checked. OH and coil overs suck unless they are a strut coil over combo. They are dangerous noisey and don't do much for handleing. Your better off with a set of nice springs. Tein Suspension Tech, Neuspeed, Better performance, safe and quite. Good luck

Originally posted by Projectzc@Mar 31 2004, 02:08 AM
sounds like you got a bit of a fixer upper there. You might want to get those breaks checked. OH and coil overs suck unless they are a strut coil over combo. They are dangerous noisey and don't do much for handleing. Your better off with a set of nice springs. Tein Suspension Tech, Neuspeed, Better performance, safe and quite. Good luck

:D

Back