The New Project/Restoration

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

b18a1build

Gay username^
Alright, so if any of you remember I have been looking for a crx, well after my first let down from the lady that wanted way too much for basically nothing I continued my search. I finally found one about an hour away from where I live. I chatted back and forth with the kid for about 2 weeks and finally came up with a price: $150 ^_^, plus a couple 10" subs I had lying around. Anywho, I went yesterday to pick it up. Now to give you guys a little backround on the car: Its a 91 hf thats riced out. It comes fully equipped with an SI badge (+10 hp at least) and a fart can on a stock exhaust set-up. The body isnt going to be my biggest project but it does need some work. The passenger side fender was hit by a deer and some parts have bondo that weren't sanded correctly. The rear taillights are PAINTED...? and theres stickers everywhere. The interior isnt too bad, just really dirty, I think I can do some cleaning and maybe replace a couple things. Now on to the motor, it is the stock d15b2. Theres no power steering and it has an AEM ram air intake. It does have an SI tranny though. My goal is to restore it back to original all except the motor and probably wheels. I will be putting a b16 in it ( I already have one lined up) and most likely Rota Slips because I love those. Anywho, heres some pics and I always love feedback so hit me up, oh and haters please hate :ph34r:

HPIM2619.jpg

HPIM2620.jpg

HPIM2621.jpg

HPIM2622.jpg

HPIM2623.jpg

HPIM2624.jpg

HPIM2625.jpg

HPIM2626.jpg

HPIM2627.jpg

HPIM2628.jpg

HPIM2629.jpg

HPIM2630.jpg

When I bought the car the kid couldnt get it started, so I went out during half time during the game yesterday and fiddled with it, all it was was the fuel rail was loose and the two distributor connectors were unplugged lol, but she runs and I drove it around the property for a little while, but the fuel rail was leaking gas because I just hand tightened it to get it started. Anyways, let me know what you think and ill be updating as I work on it.

Last edited:
$150? Or $1500?

If it really was $150 then holy shit. I'd pay that for an auto CRX shell. You got a running manual CRX. Shit. Michigan though? How's the rust situation?

haha $150, like I said the kid couldnt figure out why it wouldnt run. The 1/4s are only just starting to rust so I am going to give them some love first before it gets any worse.

Hell yes, nice to see someone un-rice a Rex rather than the other way around. Kristin (my ex-GF) has a set of stock CRX tails I bet she would be willing to get rid of on the cheap if you cant find any.

Hell yes dude, ask her and let me know, are they the ones that say CR-X in the middle? or do they all...lol?

Buhhh....I think they all do but she has them, Ill ask her.

Werd thanks man, ill keep you guys updated, the car is in Jackson, MI and I live in Kalamazoo so I am only going to be able to make it down there like once or twice a week, but everything I do will be up here when im done!

wow. what a lucky find! 150$ for a running 5 speed with minimum rust. i envy you. My REX required "engine restoration" and i got it for 1600$. Just a heads up from tryin to find OEM parts.. they can be very slim and very pricy. Heres a link that will ship you Geniune OEM parts for a few bucks cheaper then honda would. It' proven useful for me, hope it helps!
Majestic Honda - The Internet's #1 Honda Automotive Parts Store

Good luck! i'll be checkin in on this thread!

Thanks! I have heard of them before and they will be getting my business for this build!

congrats and good luck
and i suppose i can whore it up a little, i got some brand new tein basic coils for sale i never put on my crx and getting rid of the car

Alright so for my first update since the purchase: I started off by tearing off the front bumper/fenders/headlights and some other front end accessories. Also started work on the interior (removing all panels,cleaning, etc). I only had about 2 hours of light to work with tonight, but I did get a lot done. I also buttoned the motor up a little better that way I can move it around the yard if needed (I'll take that out last just to be safe). I was only able to snap one picture of the front end because it was getting dark and it was before I was finished. Tomorrow I am going to spend the WHOLE day working on it and I will update tomorrow with more pics :cool:
+
crx.jpg

I did end up getting a lot done today with the rex, I finished removing both bumpers, fenders, hood, and all the interior pieces except the dash and drivers seat (so I can move it around). I am going to try some paint thinner on the tail lights to see if I can save some money there, but if it doesnt come off then I'll just pick up some new ones. So far some things I definitly will be purchasing are: both fenders, new shocks for the hatch, full exhaust, radiator, seats, rear bumper, motor, stock corners lights, and some stock door panels. I have also decided to go turbo mainly because I already have a bunch of the parts to do it. All I really need is the turbo...lol. Anyways, I did have a question for everyone, if I am going to be putting a first gen b16 in her, what ecu do I go with? Keep in mind the turbo'n. PR3? Heres some pictures of the progress.

IMAGE_041.jpg

Interior pic
IMAGE_042.jpg

What a mess huh?
IMAGE_043.jpg

Picture before the bumper was off.
IMAGE_044.jpg

IMAGE_045.jpg

Both of these door panels are for sale, I dont care how much I am going to throw them away if no one wants them.
IMAGE_046.jpg
IMAGE_047.jpg

Let me know what ya guys think. :ph34r:

Last edited:
The PR3 or PW0 is the ECU for that motor, but the only tuning software for OBD0 systems is Turboedit. I would switch to OBDI and run Crome.

Last edited:
Ah. I will probably do the conversion then, is there a how to on that? Or is it just the conversion harness?

There should be some write-ups someplace, just search ya' n00b. :D

Alright guys, I got some more work done yesterday and today. I got most of the engine out, the block and tranny are still in and are going to come out next weekend. Ive got all the bolts removed from the tranny-to-block but cant get em seperated, so im just going to lift it out. Anyways, I almost have enough saved up to order the b16 ^_^. Also, if anyone needs anything from the d15b6 let me know and it came with an Si trans, too. Heres some pics of this weekend. :cool:

-Saturday
HPIM2662.jpg

>bald!
HPIM2663.jpg

HPIM2666.jpg

HPIM2668.jpg

End of the day...photoshoot? im in no way a camera man lol.
HPIM2674.jpg

HPIM2675.jpg

HPIM2676.jpg

-Sunday
IMAGE_048.jpg

IMAGE_049.jpg

IMAGE_050.jpg

IMAGE_051.jpg

IMAGE_053.jpg

IMAGE_052.jpg

Im going to have a wtb list up here pretty soon so all the people with crx parts look out for it.

Back