the NSX is getting the boot

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

It was only a matter of time.

The NSX was in the same range as the Viper SRT-10 and all those "look at my midlife crisis 10-cylinder penis extention cars".

Obviously the viper's gonna sell better than the NSX. And sure it's a "supercar", but really. Who's gonna buy an NSX when you can afford a lower-end ferrari or lambo?

Who's gonna buy an NSX when you can afford a lower-end ferrari or lambo?

..a regular person...... a person making a nice salary was able to afford a "super car"NSX specialy after the price of gas went up...not any more... remember it costs alot to have a ferrari or lambo maintained...

Originally posted by formby@Jul 12 2005, 07:38 AM
Who's gonna buy an NSX when you can afford a lower-end ferrari or lambo?

..a regular person...... a person making a nice salary was able to afford a "super car"NSX specialy after the price of gas went up...not any more... remember it costs alot to have a ferrari or lambo maintained...
[post=524651]Quoted post[/post]​

And an NSX's maintenance isn't a pretty penny? Hah!

doing a timing belt is a 1300 dollar job at the dealer! It's only a little worse than with a Lexus LS400 but those are expensive cars too.

EDIT: poop, now ALL quoting is busted. wtf.

EDIT2- it was you!! -B

EDIT3: POOP! all I did was hit reply lol

exacly pope....you are still comparing it to a high end car...not a super car....thats why its cheaper....go to the ferrari dealer and see about a 75k tune up....remember a nsx is a honda....its not imposible to do a simple tune up yourself or even do rotors and pads...

hcp:

1-565-21603-l-Z8Q66TMyNrSRFc43O6Riyw.jpg

supposedly, and old concept that enver made it to production. i have no details on specs...

Originally posted by formby@Jul 12 2005, 11:22 AM
exacly pope....you are still comparing it to a high end car...not a super car....thats why its cheaper....go to the ferrari dealer and see about a 75k tune up....remember a nsx is a honda....its not imposible to do a simple tune up yourself or even do rotors and pads...
[post=524671]Quoted post[/post]​

exactly. Yes parts are more expensive. Around 1000 in parts to do the clutch, timing belt it pretty expensive, but in the end, that car will run until 200k if maintained. How many ferraris do you see that have even over 50k miles. Why not? Because they are SO expensive to maintain, people just don't put the miles on them. 5000+ service bills are not uncomman in lambos and ferraris.

Also, alot of people say that the NSX is extremly civilized when it comes to normal daily driving. People say that its almost like driving a really fast and nice accord when they are not being hard on the car. The NSX you can almost use it as a daily driver if you had the money to buy one in the first place. A ferrari is a tad more expensive to opperate to use as a DD.

Originally posted by formby@Jul 12 2005, 08:22 AM
[post=524671]Quoted post[/post]​

I know. I'm not comparing it directly to a ferrari or lambo. If you read what I posted, I said, "Who would buy an NSX if you could afford a Ferrari or a Lambo?"

As in, if you could afford the exotic, why would you buy the NSX? Remember, maintenance, insurance, none of those things matter because you can AFFORD it. Why would you buy an NSX? And don't play this 'Honda Boy' brand loyalty crap.

The NSX is in that "midlife crisis" middle ground. I'm not 100% sure on retail on the NSX but I believe it's in the 70-80k range? Right in there with the Viper and ZO-6 Corvette. Granted, styling wise it's much better than either, but the NSX is underpowered compared to the Viper/Vette. It handles much better, but look at the majority of the people who buy them. Chances are 80% of NSXes purchased will never see anything more than street pavement on sunny days.

10-15-03-02-Acura-nsx.jpg

nice car...

i would love to see something small like a del slo or s2k with a mid engine huge power plant...

I want an NSX, a 97-99 with the 6-speed and a comptech SC, They go for anywhere from 40-50k, it won't be out of my price range once I graduate (december!!!!), and I can do the maintenance on it myself. I would not touch a ferrari engine unless I had 4 of them sitting next to my learjet parked behind my Bentley Continental, in my personal hanger at the airport.

Which is my point exactly. Ferraris and Lambos are in a different class than the NSX. The people who can afford the exotics aren't going to buy the NSX simply because it's cheaper and it's not a ferrari or lambo.

Don't get me wrong, I'd love to have an NSX. I can't afford one, or the maintenance on one, or the insurance on one, but dreaming about it is a little more realistic than imagining myself with a ferrari in the garage.

Just like lexus's new supra should be an ls430h - hybird v8; The new nsx, i wager, will be a hybird v8. They've just started with performance hybrids with the accord, it should go much further in the future.

Originally posted by Battle Pope@Jul 12 2005, 09:12 AM
Which is my point exactly. Ferraris and Lambos are in a different class than the NSX. The people who can afford the exotics aren't going to buy the NSX simply because it's cheaper and it's not a ferrari or lambo.

Don't get me wrong, I'd love to have an NSX. I can't afford one, or the maintenance on one, or the insurance on one, but dreaming about it is a little more realistic than imagining myself with a ferrari in the garage.
[post=524706]Quoted post[/post]​

Exactly. Which is why the NSX has existed and been in production with relatively few changes for 15 years. The car is a good buy.

yeah, not to mention it's an absolute bastard on the track lol

Back