The Official Brian Wants To Quit Smoking Thread

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

posol

RETIRED
Time has come for me to put it down. it's been about 5 years that i've been smoking, the last 3.5 of them daily.
I want to get my fat ass back in shape so I can beat bill at Kart track with his 170lb ass.
I want to be able to walk up a flight of stairs and not sound like Fatty McGee

For once, I'm not doing it for anyone but myself. In the past it was because Bill was trying to quit, or I wanted to bang some girl who hated smokers. This time, its for me. I want to get my ass back in shape. I want to start going to the gym. I want to do it for me.
Kyle has been a big pain in my ass about it- and thats great. A lot of you know me. If you see me smoking, kick me in the nuts or something.

4am EST 4/21/03 I had my last cigarette. I leave work at 8am EST. I will not have a cig on the ride home. but first, im stopping and picking up some lolipops or something. when i get home, the lighter and empty pack go in the trash. i go to bed. I wake up around dinner time 5 or 6pm and begin HELL for the 72 hours it takes to leave your system. Then, the withdrawls start. days, weeks, months... who knows.

In order to actually do it this time, i need support from my friends, especially the ones who talk to me on the overnight on AIM. KEEP ME AMUSED!!!! if i'm bored, i smoke 8 times what i normally do. If I'm occupied, it doesn't even cross my mind and i can go for hours.

What really sucks is that the more I think about quitting, or NOT having a cigarette, the more I want one. its a double inverted negative fuck in the ass. I'm going cold turkey. no patch or anything like that.

I'll try to keep this thread up to date.... and shit, maybe turn this into a gambling thread on if i do it or not :lol:

Chew gum, its the only thing that got my mom and my aunt to stop smoking was chewing massive amounts of gum.

Also, smoking keeps your weight down, now when you get off of it, you will gain weight, unless you live in the gym till you have fully gone through everything. My aunt gained around 15-20 lbs in the first month after quiting. Its not easy, but its good to see someone is.

Goodluck with it man :thumbsup:

Someone told my dad " i thought you were smarter than that" and he stopped cold turkey. So good luck to you. I hate smoking. *hack* *hack* Most girls here don't like that. There's motivation for you.

Goodluck Brian, but my hot friend stopped smoking and gained like 60 lbs. :(
Does the mean you will be more pissed off than ever?
A lot of people I know used the incentive of how much money they were saving daily, monthly, yearly, etc.

OK, this might sound like BS coming from someone who has never smoked a cig in their life. But he all the more power to ya.

B. one of the biggest things to do to help break a habit is to disassociate your habit with other things you used to do with it.
for example, most people have a cup or tea or coffee while reading the paper and having a cigarette. To help break your
smoking habit you also need to stop having a cup of coffee. Or at least change your morning ritual. Habits are a psychological problem,
not so much as an addiction. You need to break your psychological link with smoking that is asssociated with other things you do.
As Domeskilla, said always have a pack of gum with you. when your in your car. Start chewing gum as you get in, keeping your mind off the
connection of driving and smoking. Hope that makes sense. Another thing that makes breaking habits easier is if you have an addictive personality or not and a very strong will power. Just some things to think about.

Maybe doing a little research about hte effects of tar etc.. on your lungs and looking at some nasty shit that has happened to people from smoking might turn you off to it as well. ie. To get my Grandmother to stop smoking she had to have half a lung removed and almost 6 months of recover to under stand it's health issues.

Glad to hear your changin teams. good luck :thumbsup:

good luck brian, you have all of our support.

couple years from now, if you do get over it and stop smoking, you'll be around someone thats smoking and think "how the fuck could i ever do that shit" buecause in all reality smoking is pretty damn gross. around smokers all day at work, and i think its the most disgusting thing.. chicks who smoke are the biggest turn-off EVER to me.

keep at it, don't stop trying.

good luck man.
if you're having a hard time with it start going to the gym or take up running.

ok, this might sound retarded but i know how hard it can be to quit cold turkey. why don't you just limit yourself, B. Say one or two cigarettes a day. instead of smoking the whole thing at once, just take one or two drags and then put it out.

my g/f quit smoking about 9 mos. ago and doing this helped her a lot. we both worked at a place where EVERYONE smoked and if they wanted to smoke they always wnated a smoking partner, so naturally they'd ask her. but she was still able to quit cause she started by limiting herself.

just my $.02.

:) glad to hear your wanting to quit tho, good luck. :)

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Apr 21 2003, 05:39 AM
Time has come for me to put it down. it's been about 5 years that i've been smoking, the last 3.5 of them daily.
I want to get my fat ass back in shape so I can beat bill at Kart track with his 170lb ass.
I want to be able to walk up a flight of stairs and not sound like Fatty McGee

For once, I'm not doing it for anyone but myself. In the past it was because Bill was trying to quit, or I wanted to bang some girl who hated smokers. This time, its for me. I want to get my ass back in shape. I want to start going to the gym. I want to do it for me.
Kyle has been a big pain in my ass about it- and thats great. A lot of you know me. If you see me smoking, kick me in the nuts or something.

4am EST 4/21/03 I had my last cigarette. I leave work at 8am EST. I will not have a cig on the ride home. but first, im stopping and picking up some lolipops or something. when i get home, the lighter and empty pack go in the trash. i go to bed. I wake up around dinner time 5 or 6pm and begin HELL for the 72 hours it takes to leave your system. Then, the withdrawls start. days, weeks, months... who knows.

In order to actually do it this time, i need support from my friends, especially the ones who talk to me on the overnight on AIM. KEEP ME AMUSED!!!! if i'm bored, i smoke 8 times what i normally do. If I'm occupied, it doesn't even cross my mind and i can go for hours.

What really sucks is that the more I think about quitting, or NOT having a cigarette, the more I want one. its a double inverted negative fuck in the ass. I'm going cold turkey. no patch or anything like that.

I'll try to keep this thread up to date.... and shit, maybe turn this into a gambling thread on if i do it or not :lol:

i plan on quitting smoking this week as well. everyone wish me luck

and to B, (i have quit before so i know what im talkin bout)
if you quit cold turkey, you WILL feel like shit for one week.
first few days you wont be able to sleep.
after two weeks, you will honestly feel alot better physically.

after a month, when you are around someone who smokes you will be repulsed by
the smell of the smoke.

if cold turkey doesnt work, i dont advise it, go get the patch or the pill.
pill has prozac in it......happy trails lol

<<edit>> if all else fails.....think of it this way. im assuming after you sell your del sol, you still will be in the import game?
one pack of smokes in cali sells for 4.00. im assuming ur somewhere around there.....

one pack a day X on month = 120.00 a month.
3 months 360.00...........

what could you buy for 360.00 ??????

good luck. I've never met you in person, but at the next hondaswap meet, if I see you smoking Ill give you a swift right jab to the jugular. :lol:

cold turkey is the only way to stop... i quit smoking 4 times before, and when i did it cold turkey, never had one since... this was 3 years ago, and i never want one again.... i just smoke a lot more pot now :D

ok well i have stopped smoking 3 times already. ALL of them were cold turkey and its just i couldn't resist not smoking while i was drinking or something of that nature. The last time i quit for 10 months and was doing fine until my job stressed me out and its like smoking became a new release again. I now have no desire to quit at all and don't want to.

Brian all i can say to you is keep the gum around, when you get stressed- work out , run, work on the car, ban people on hondaswap. just do anything. the first couple weeks will be hell and you will feel like crap. if you can't sleep take those sleeping pills. they helped me a lot the first time. Don't let your friends smoke around you. if you have friends that smoke ask them not to smoke around because you will smell the smoke and that makes it worse.

good luck brian

4/21/03 6:26 pm Got up two hours ago.
still no cigarettes.

i've got a little bit of the shakes going on...

I'm going to the mall to browse some hot femme's and stay inside where i can't smoke.

14.5 hours strong now :ph34r:

Originally posted by wildbillhatchbac+Apr 21 2003, 05:28 PM-->
@Apr 21 2003, 03:07 PM
Don't let your friends smoke around you.

:bash: :bash: :bash: :bash: :bash: :bash: :bash: :bash: :bash: :bash: :bash:

LMAO! :lol: . . . does this mean i have to quit too? :unsure:

ok bill be an ass but if your friend really wants to quit then try not to smoke around him in the begining. its gonna be hard enough as it is so i'm just saying try to be a friend and not smoke around him

Back