The Official Hondaswap Constitutional Convention Thread

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

DarkHand

VIP
So the thread about changing things for the President got me thinking... What if we here at Hondaswap could write our own Constitutional amendments? What kinds of things would you want to see changed? Write them as if they were actually amendments (not just chain-of-thought ideas), discuss them, change them based on that discussion, and let's make a single collection of HS amendments.

I'll start with the ones I think we can mostly agree on:

In addition to Article I Section VII, any amendments to a bill must be clearly and directly related to the original bill.

In addition to Article I Section VII, a bill may only be signed or vetoed by the President in its entirety.

Another one that should be generally agreeable, but the numbers might be debated:

No person shall be elected to the office of the President more than once, this term shall last 6 years. No person shall be elected to a house or senate seat more than once, which shall last 3 years. Immediately after they shall be assembled in Consequence of the first Election, they shall be divided as equally as may be into three Classes. The Seats of the Senators of each Class shall be vacated at the Expiration of each year, so that one third may be chosen every year. After serving, no elected official may participate in interacting with or lobbying the government in any form, no matter how indirect.

And my own pet project amendment: :)

The sixteenth article of amendment to the Constitution of the United States is hereby repealed.

Thoughts?

Back