The Ring: Warning : Spolier!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Havok

If anyone has seen The Ring, maybe they can asnwer some questions :

1.) Why did the guy die at the end of the movie?
2.) Why did the people at the beginning of the movie die, they watched it at the camp, where the well is, but one commited suicide, and others died in different locations. Why did the boyfriend commit suicide EXACTLY when he was supposed to die?
3.) What was the point of the tape? You pieced together the images from Somara, was she trying to get someone to free her?
4.) What was the deal with erasing the faces? In the pictures, they were blurred, and they kept marking out the faces after they watched the tape.

I went and saw that movie, and didnt understand any of it, so some please answer punks questions.

why is this in for sale nick...have you been drinking ?

:spin:

1.) the guy died at the end because he didnt make a copy of the tape after watching it. once you watch the tape, the only way to save your self from dying is to make a copy and show it to someone else. thats why she made her son make a copy of the tape at the end of the movie, so he wouldnt die, and thats the reason the girl didnt die, she made a copy of the tape earlier in the movie and then showed it to that guy.

2.) they all died in the beginnig because they watched the tape. i dont know the deal with the boyfriend, but maybe it was just a different way of dying, i dont know, its been a while since i watched it, ill have to see it again to know what happened in that part. but the others died at different locations b/c they were all at different places when their 7 days were up.

3.) i dont think she was trying to get someone to "free" her but i think she was just sharing her life with whoever wanted to peice together the puzzling movie. but at the same time the legacy of the movie still carried on, even after the puzzle was solved. thats why the guy died after they figured out what the movie was about. thats what i think.

4.) the thing with the faces was kinda foreshadowing their own deaths. since they had watched the tape, it was kinda like they are "marked" for death, but no one could see it, only in a photo could you see it.

hope this helped you understand a lil better. but im not sure about #2. i could be wrong, like i said it was a while since i saw the movie. and #3 is just my opinion. other people might have different interpretations.

:werd: :withstupid:
what he said

Now here's the real kicker we should all be dead by now casue we were the last people to see the tape, so you better make youself a copy.
and does it bother you to watch the snow on the tv now ???

Originally posted by CRX-YEM@Mar 5 2003, 03:14 PM
what he said

Now here's the real kicker we should all be dead by now casue we were the last people to see the tape, so you better make youself a copy.

:lol:

what he said

After we saw it with our room mate, we beat her home (seperate cars) andturned the tv on to a snow channel. We hid in the bedroom and when she got home, she shut the tv off and we called her and said "seven days" and she started screaming and hollering. Then we came out of the room screaming and she almost had a heart attack. Pretty cool. :lol:

Ha thats wrong.

I liked the movie until the ending, i think that they should have just ended it after she (saw it awhile ago, forgot the charaters names) got out of the well. I think that because she "solved" the story, it should have ended. Good movie but not as scary as everyone else said.

Aww come on, one of the best parts of the movie is when the mom is telling her son that she freed the girl from the well and is all happy about it, and the kid gets all scared, sits up in bed and says "Why did you help her? You shouldn't have done that!" or something along those lines.

If you guys can't understand The Ring, you shouldn't watch Memento. Now that's a messed up movie.

what made no sence was she made a copy right away and she still went thru all that shit....

Whole thing about the copy is the girl wanted to become known throughout the world. So in order to live you had to make a copy, and show it to someone else. So then that person makes a copy and shows it, ext ext. eventually everyone will know of the girl, and her tape. Anyone else find it funny when the girl came out of the TV and the guys like "the fuck", personally I laughed.

yeah that cleared up some things--one more--why the hell did that horse commit suicide? I thought Somara killed them all becuase she couldn't sleep.

what he said

s3e66e72da0945.jpg

Seven days, Brian....seven days. :lol:

Originally posted by Prowler@Mar 5 2003, 07:01 PM
If you guys can't understand The Ring, you shouldn't watch Memento. Now that's a messed up movie.

You should all check out

Barton Fink, Altered States and Baraka

watching momento is kinda hard...

Back