This gsr is going to look awesome in the coupe

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

ls94civic

Saturday i started to pull the 96 gsr out of my brothers wrecked integra. it really went decent. i had a little help but it wasn't like i had another mechanic helping. It was just another pair of hands. I had the motor out in three hours and ill be honest i was pretty hungover from some fun on Friday night. there is gonna be a full rebuild of the motor and i will be taking plenty of pics. So here are some pics of the pull....

gsr.jpg

100_1091.JPG

100_1096.JPG

100_1098.JPG

100_1094.JPG

Last edited:
Oh sorry I thought thats what your other thread was. So is this the build thread?

So the motor I bought is stamped b18c does that make it jdm ???

Yes it does mean its a JDM version. USDM version is B18C1. By the intake manifold.....I know its a GSR motor and Not a ITR.

I've looked around for a answer about this and haven't found anything!! So I'm gonna pick your brains, are all thbinternals the same as the usdm version?? Like gaskets, pistons,rings etc... I found a rebuild kit online for the b18c1 I was wondering if this would work??? can't seem to find a straight answer......

im gonna move this to auto multi media since its a build thread.. :moved:

Yes you can buy B18C1 parts for your motor rebuild

Btw while we were stripping the teg I found the paperwork for the motor that says it had 55,000 mikes on it when it was put in there back in 2009 so Ive decided I'm gonna do the waterpump timing belt oil pumP.. I'm gonna check the head and pistons and walls for problems. I figured out since the motor was put in 2009 it's only had 30,000 miles!!! That kinda stuff makes me happy to hear seeings how I thought it had 185;000

I got thinkin about it and I'm gonna go threw the whole engine!! It just makes sense!! Is there certain brands out there I should stay away from bor replacement parts???

i say just go oem as far as gaskets go... cant go wrong there...

Back