This is what happens...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Originally posted by driverunknown+Aug 15 2005, 11:40 AM-->
At least you got the rotors chep right? http://www.autohausaz.com/catalog/lookup_p...FToken=53388222
That's where I got my brembo blanks.
[post=540262]Quoted post[/post]​

Autozone stock replacement rotors. 35 for the pair.

B16
@Aug 15 2005, 12:05 PM
I just drilled out the screws and never put any back in. You don't need them there. And holy hell man, do your brakes yourself; I think my g/f can even do her own brakes.
[post=540277]Quoted post[/post]​

Uh... sure, Wanna lend me some money that I don't have to pay back to buy tools a jack, stands, hammers and the such? See this is why I took my friend up on his offer of doing it for a case of Coronas instead of letting the dealer do it for $143. I'm in between jobs working at my old one for my old rate... which really isn't cutting it.

Originally posted by 2000Si+Aug 15 2005, 02:06 PM-->
@Aug 15 2005, 12:05 PM
I just drilled out the screws and never put any back in.  You don't need them there.  And holy hell man, do your brakes yourself; I think my g/f can even do her own brakes.
[post=540277]Quoted post[/post]​

Uh... sure, Wanna lend me some money that I don't have to pay back to buy tools a jack, stands, hammers and the such? See this is why I took my friend up on his offer of doing it for a case of Coronas instead of letting the dealer do it for $143. I'm in between jobs working at my old one for my old rate... which really isn't cutting it.
[post=540413]Quoted post[/post]​

Ah yes, tools are quite necessary :)

i remember when i changed my back breaks. took me forever to figure out how to get the back piston down. called the honda people. go figure you have to turn it LoL looks good man I like dem wheels

Originally posted by drpenguin@Aug 15 2005, 06:05 PM
i remember when i changed my back breaks. took me forever to figure out how to get the back piston down. called the honda people. go figure you have to turn it LoL looks good man I like dem wheels
[post=540430]Quoted post[/post]​

lol yeah that was the other thing. The driver side pushed straight in with the C clamp, the passenger side Wes had to turn with a prybar to get it to go in far enough to fit it back over the rotor and pads.

We learned a lot yesterday. Well, I did.

lol the autozone ones here were 9 bucks a pop, so I got those first, then i got the blanks. I figure if the autozone ones give me trouble I have replacements at my disposal.

good job, but i have two things,

invest in some decent tools: craftsman(lifetime replacement on most tools)

and

Do it yourself, i don't have much money either, but you learn to make it work.

good luck yo!

Originally posted by 92dxhatch+Aug 16 2005, 11:53 AM-->
good job, but i have two things,

invest in some decent tools: craftsman(lifetime replacement on most tools)

and

Do it yourself, i don't have much money either, but you learn to make it work.

good luck yo!
[post=540720]Quoted post[/post]​

We did do it ourselves. I can't invest with money I don't have. I'm currently employed with my dad again making my old rate which now won't cut it. I'm making gross what I need net to live.

918hatch
@Aug 17 2005, 07:31 AM
How could you go that long?
[post=541131]Quoted post[/post]​

Read above paragraph. I've been poor for the past year.

Back