thoughts on my turbo set up????

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

r1paniccia

ok guys i have a b16a2 in my 96 ek. plan on running boost in spring. going to run stock internals in bottom end. but iam going to pull head and replace the valves and seals and a fresh head gasket. and have machined of course. looking for oppinons on the set up iam thinking of going with. honestly this is my 1st set up and i choose everything on research and others opinons. let me know what you honestly think!

crower stainless valves, retainers and clips
possibly crower sage 2 turbo cams
walbro 255
edelbrock intake manifold
real good ram horn or top mount turbo manifold
turbonetics t3/t043 60 trim /.63
rc injectors 550cc or 750cc still looking for opinons
edlebrock or aem fuel rail
apexi ws2 cat back
2.5" down pipe
hoping to safley fun 8-10psi reliabley with a good tune for this summer.
the car will be geting a fully built bottom end overnext winter. if i left anything out just let me know i am looking for honest opinons this car needs to be a daily driver. hoping 240-260HP thanks in advance guys!

even though you are going with a 2.5" downpipe, i would do a 3" exhaust. for injectors 550s will be fine for what you are trying to do. but if you think you are giong to all out later down the road maybe 750s would be better, you can always scale them back. fuel rail is a waste of money unless you are going for big power (400+). i would look into a bigger throttle body to match up with the intake manifold. also dont forget ARP head studs!

even though you are going with a 2.5" downpipe, i would do a 3" exhaust. for injectors 550s will be fine for what you are trying to do. but if you think you are giong to all out later down the road maybe 750s would be better, you can always scale them back. fuel rail is a waste of money unless you are going for big power (400+). i would look into a bigger throttle body to match up with the intake manifold. also dont forget ARP head studs!

yes arp head studs deff! also i plan on throttle body. is it ok to run a skunk 2 tb on edelbrock victor x intake? and also i was thinking oem honda for the head gasket? and i think 750cc injectors since ill be building bottom end eventually and running high boost. also if i go with high impedance injectors from rc do i still need the resistor box or are they only for low impedance injectors?

you dont need anything but the injectors if you get the high impedence RC ones, they are plug and play. oem honda hg is good. you can use any brand throttle body, i used a 68mm one and did a little bit of porting to match it perfectly to my victor X manifold.

you dont need anything but the injectors if you get the high impedence RC ones, they are plug and play. oem honda hg is good. you can use any brand throttle body, i used a 68mm one and did a little bit of porting to match it perfectly to my victor X manifold.

ok so just so we are clear. i was hoping to not have to use one of those junk yard resistor boxes for my injectors. and i will not have to if i get a set of "hi impedance" injectors from injector dynamics etc? does my car currently have hi impeadeance injectors in it? from the factory

your stock injectors are 240cc saturated injectors, they are high impedance. I have used both 550 and now 750cc saturated RC injectors in my builds with no problems.

low impedance injectors are the peak and hold type that lot of people prefer for larger injectors. they do require the resistor box.

your stock injectors are 240cc saturated injectors, they are high impedance. I have used both 550 and now 750cc saturated RC injectors in my builds with no problems.

low impedance injectors are the peak and hold type that lot of people prefer for larger injectors. they do require the resistor box.

awesome to know i can get away with out using the resitor box. all of your help is really appreciated man :thumbsup:now ive just gotta decide what size to buy so i can order them. as previously stated im hoping for 240-260hp this spring and plan on running much more boost following year while i build another block over next year. i would like to say my ending goal all said and done fully built around 400+ would the 750cc injectors easily do that or should i just go with 1000cc now and have them scaled wayy back?

just get some dsm injectors and save your money.

you don't really need to spend money on an IM or throttle body either. your goals are easily attainable in a stock format. save the money for a better tune and your results will be better.

i saw an old super street and they tuned a bone stock b16 up over 400hp. it's about the tune, not the biggest and baddest parts. spend wisely and you will be happier.

yes, thats true, that you can make lots of power with a turbo on stock motors. but the build will be more efficient, and possibly have a better power band, quicker spool time, etc. if the rest of the setup is optimized. making more hp with less boost pressure is always good. that being said, if you are on a tight budget, save your money to buy quality essential parts, like turbo, manifold, wastegate, and tuning of course.

well, yeah, thats my point as well. to reach his goals, he really doesn't need the extra parts such as tb and im. he can efficiently get there with the stock parts. he wont need that stuff until he pushes 400hp, which 99% of honda owners never get to.

just get some dsm injectors and save your money.

you don't really need to spend money on an IM or throttle body either. your goals are easily attainable in a stock format. save the money for a better tune and your results will be better.

i saw an old super street and they tuned a bone stock b16 up over 400hp. it's about the tune, not the biggest and baddest parts. spend wisely and you will be happier.
i honestly appreciate all of the advice and i agree you guys are right alot of its not really needed. however iam not on a budget and do plan on goin all the way with the car i do want to do it right the first time. iam only not going to do bottom end bc i just did the swap and dont feel like going and riping it out again. my plan is to build a block over next year slowly prob b18 but well save that topic for another day lol. and yes i 110% agree a real tune and a good ems are deff in the works. i honestly dont know much about the hondas yet lol only oned one for 6 months. i come from a back ground of bulding and racing sport bikes in which i am capable of tunning all of my own via dynojet pc3. but from alot of the research iam doing seems like the hondata s300 is the best route to go? more importantly than making it a race car for this up coming year im shooting towards making it a very reliable good running/idiling and dependable but yet fun street car and a car in which i can possibly hand a few people there asses lol

but on another note i reall appreciaate EVERYONES replys ive found this board to be very helpful. i really dont have anyone that has a knowlege base in tuning.building hondas etc... i could go ask the kid down the street with the 6 foot tall wind and coffee can sized muffler lol NOT! ive just been poking around the boards and surfing the net and i must say ive learned alot of neat tips and tricks.. you guys Rock!

are you building a drag car or track car?

i would take the money and invest in suspension and transmission before i spent money on little stuff such as the throttle body.

are you building a drag car or track car?

i would take the money and invest in suspension and transmission before i spent money on little stuff such as the throttle body.

transmission is a good type r and the suspension is buddy club race spec dampers.

I think its way too far over priced for mid 200 horse power levels.

i do agree. however my car is to clean to have a pos looking rusty manifold on it. also i do plan on building a b18 block and going fully built ls/vtec. around 400+ hp so this will keep me from having to buy a good manifold all ready dince ill all ready have had it

Back