Three Questions: 2 concerning mpfi swap, 1 concerning ignition switch circuits

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

SpivDirk

Hello,
We have a 91 civic hatch that we turned into a stage rally car. We are doing a mpfi swap using a z6 intake, hi-ohm z6 odb1 injectors, and a PM6 ECU. Here is question 1 concerning the mpfi swap. I understand the wiring needed to be done for the mpfi swap up to wiring the injectors. All the how-tos include the resistor box. Do I wire the hi-ohm injectors in a similar fashion, just taking the resistor box out of the circuits? Here is question 2 concerning the mpfi swap. Is there a how-to for the vacuum line connections? The dpfi has lots of hoses and the mpfi has lots fewer. What goes where?

We had to remove the ignition switch and replace it with a relay and a push-button. The relay is controlled with a toggle and the push button activates the starter relay. Here is question 1 about ignition switch circuits. Does anything from position 1 on the oem ignition switch need to be hooked up or can we just wire up the circuits activated in position 2?

Thanks for your help......

Thanks, I read that thread and everything else I could find, but didn't see the info we need. In the thread you mentioned, they use a resistor box.

Hello,
We have a 91 civic hatch that we turned into a stage rally car. We are doing a mpfi swap using a z6 intake, hi-ohm z6 odb1 injectors, and a PM6 ECU. Here is question 1 concerning the mpfi swap. I understand the wiring needed to be done for the mpfi swap up to wiring the injectors. All the how-tos include the resistor box. Do I wire the hi-ohm injectors in a similar fashion, just taking the resistor box out of the circuits? Here is question 2 concerning the mpfi swap. Is there a how-to for the vacuum line connections? The dpfi has lots of hoses and the mpfi has lots fewer. What goes where?

We had to remove the ignition switch and replace it with a relay and a push-button. The relay is controlled with a toggle and the push button activates the starter relay. Here is question 1 about ignition switch circuits. Does anything from position 1 on the oem ignition switch need to be hooked up or can we just wire up the circuits activated in position 2?

Thanks for your help......

I found the answers to the MPFI questions, but am still looking for help with the ignition question.

I swapped a d16 out of a 89 crx si into my 91 ef hb an did the dpfi to mpfi converstion.... not positive i have all the wiring correct but im not getting any spark when turning the car over i have power to the distributor but no spark any idea why???

Well, it is on topic....

was the d16 in known running condition before putting it in? it's possible there was a bad ignitor/etc before you even touched it.

Back