throttle body question

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Status
Not open for further replies.

gmctruck68

what is the stock mm of the throttle body on the 91 si crx, and what is an acceptable upgrade? found a blox 66mm throttle body on ebay is that a good one?

stock throttle body is 55mm - the only throttle bodies that fit the 88-91 CRX/Civic D16A6 intake manifold are the 88-91 CRX/Civic D16A6 and 88-89 Integra D16A1 - all of the 92 and up throttle bodies have a different bolt pattern - unless you have some serious internal mods, going larger than a few mm with the throttle body is just going to slow the car down

i am going to rebuild the bottom end, new rings, hone job, new bearings, and i have a venom intake manifold im going to put on it, i was thinking with the addition of bigger injectors and a chip in the computer, would i benefit from a larger throttle body, i would need a larger throttle body if im going to add that venom intake right? and i wanted to turbo as well, just a street set up

TB size should be matched to the cam profile you are running, stock cam, stock TB.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back