Time to put the foot down

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

asmallsol

Super Moderator
Why can't every bussiness be ran as well as Hmotorsonline or Prostreetonline.

I found a place through honda-tech called Driftspeed.com. I was looking for RSR exhaust, and one of the H-T vendors is a place that lists prices for tons of their registered vendors at one site to compare prices. Well this place Driftspeed.com had the catback I wanted for 480 shipped. This was pretty much the best deal I could find anywhere. So I placed my order (Tuesday of last week), and basicly instantly I get an automated recipt sent to me. However, there are no UPS tracking numbers. So the next day, I send them an email asking wether or not my package has been shipped, and what the tracking numbers were.

I eventually get a responce saying that my order was just processed the previous night and they hold all orders for 2 days to prevent credit card fraud and it would be shipped within the next 48 hours. So Friday I send them an email asking for the tracking numbers. That day I get a my tracking numbers. I do the tracking numbers and I get this responce from UPS...

PS has received shipper's billing information electronically.
Billing information received does not indicate shipment pickup or drop-off.
Please contact the shipper for more details

This means that they ebilled the package, but never actually took it to UPS. So I figure alright fine, atleast my emails are getting the ball rolling. End of the day, still same thing. Now its the weekend, UPS is basicly closed so its seems fine. Well monday rolls around, nothing. So today I send them an email asking WTF is up. I get an email saying the following...

Sent: Tuesday, June 28, 2005 6:39 AM
To: info@driftspeed.com
Subject: Has my package been shipped yet?

Order number: 1108

You sent me the tracking numbers Friday, and when I ran them, I got this
message...
UPS has received shipper's billing information electronically.
Billing
information received does not indicate shipment pickup or drop-off.
Please contact the shipper for more details

However, it is now tuesday, and it says you still have not turned the
package over to UPS. As I said, I really need this exhaust fast, and it is
now one week after I ordered it, and you have still yet to ship the item.
I ordered something from Hmotorsonline.com (also in cali) and 2 days after
I ordered from them, the set of cams showed up on my door step. I would
like to see the same kind of speedieness from you guys.

The responce is...

Sorry about that I will personally see what is going on with your package.

Thank You

Not even a thank you, bob or name, just thank you. So he (un-named) will personally see wtf is going up with my order. GREAT....

Well during this time (basicly like 2 days after I send my 480 (via a credit card) to them I did a quick google search of sites containing the term "driftspeed.com"

I get tons of results saying these guys are scammers. One guy said he waited 2 months for a skunk2 exhaust. Another said driftspeed filled a box with bunch of reems of computer paper and sent it to him instead of exhaust. Every review said they were sent useless emails only filled with stuff they wanted to here (like my WTF is goign on with my package, and the responce is, I will see WTF is up with your package) I guess they also used to be on ebay and scammed a bunch of nissan guys out of alot of money. Some were ok, saying there great, but that was a rareity.

So tommrow, I am throwing down the hammer. I am calling them up (oh, forgot to mention that they don't list a number on there site. They are an offical vendor of greddy products, so on greddy's dealer locator, they have the number) I am calling them at 9 their time giving them the demands. I am giving them until 5 their time to give the package to UPS and have the them confirm it. In additon, I am going to have them add a must sign requirement to the package. If they do not, I am going to my credit card company and cancel the order. In addition, I will mention that I am a moderator of the second largest honda tuning forum on the internet with 17,000 members, and I will make sure that every one of those 17000 members knows about there horrible sales tactics.

End result, I should have done my homework before I ordered. Shit happens I guess. I should have just paid the extra 30 or so and gone with a vendor that I know and trust.

dayum... asmall's gettin pissed! and rightfully so. That's my only problem with wandering from the established companies for products, you never know what kind of scamming Piece of shit company you're going to deal with to save 120 bucks... because in the end you might be out the full 480.

Keep us updated, I love the moderator thing you have going for you.

So its been a week and the package is yet to be shipped?

I really don't think its something to be that up-in-arms about.

Did they promise you anywhere that the package would be processed immediately? Did they state that if it was after 1pm Friday they consider it next business day? Have they not replied to other e-mail responses of yours?

I would be weary but not hysterical over it just yet.

Disputing a charge on your credit card is also not always an easy claim.

Just be careful and like you said, do your homework next time.

In the email on wednesday, they said the order would be shipped out within 48 hours (either 48 hours from the order or from that email, I am not sure. This means by Thursday (possibly Friday at the latest), it would be shipped. However, its now 3 bussiness days after the time they said they would hold it for and they still haven't even shipped it.

Yes, I know its only been a week, but after the stuff that I read about them its basicly only being safe. If I do wait 3+ weeks, calling up the creditcard company won't do anything.

Originally posted by asmallsol@Jun 29 2005, 12:26 AM
In the email on wednesday, they said the order would be shipped out within 48 hours (either 48 hours from the order or from that email, I am not sure. This means by Thursday (possibly Friday at the latest), it would be shipped. However, its now 3 bussiness days after the time they said they would hold it for and they still haven't even shipped it.

Yes, I know its only been a week, but after the stuff that I read about them its basicly only being safe. If I do wait 3+ weeks, calling up the creditcard company won't do anything.
[post=517859]Quoted post[/post]​

Very smart indeed.

I'm just saying, you've laid the ground work you can call but I wouldn't automatically suspect fowl play.

Is it a small company or large company? By the person's response to the e-mail being personal, I have a feeling its not a very large shop and things at small shops don't always get done nearly as quickly as say a distributor or wide retailer.

have a look for yourself Http://www.driftspeed.com as you can see, they have a decent looking website, so its not a backyard operation. But just like the old saying "you can't judge a book by its cover" Osaka motors and all its shady offiliates have very nice looking websites.

From my analysis, http://www.driftspeed.com/faqs.asp, looks professional and sounds professional.

It doesn't seem like some sketchy scam act. They provide a personal e-mail to one of the company's workers on the FAQ website and looks as if they simply deal with everything via online because its easiest to process.

No phone number equates to no need to have someone constantly answer phones or use other resources outside of the internet.

My gut goes with you're not getting the shaft but they're just dragging their heals not with bad intentions.

Originally posted by New2TheCarScene@Jun 29 2005, 02:05 AM
From my analysis, http://www.driftspeed.com/faqs.asp, looks professional and sounds professional.

It doesn't seem like some sketchy scam act. They provide a personal e-mail to one of the company's workers on the FAQ website and looks as if they simply deal with everything via online because its easiest to process.

No phone number equates to no need to have someone constantly answer phones or use other resources outside of the internet.

My gut goes with you're not getting the shaft but they're just dragging their heals not with bad intentions.
[post=517884]Quoted post[/post]​

This is what I hope. I did find some postive reviews from them, and I hope to EVENTUALLY right one if it turns out okay.

Contingencies

Seller shall not be liable for any failures to produce product to Buyer when the cause of such failure is an act of God, labor disputes, supplies or material shortage; acts of local, state, national, civil, or other authorities or public agencies; utilities or communication failures, accidents, strikes, transportation problems, or any acts or cause that does not normally occur in the ordinary course of Seller's business.

lets hope it wasn't an act of god....

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Jun 29 2005, 10:13 AM
Contingencies

Seller shall not be liable for any failures to produce product to Buyer when the cause of such failure is an act of God, labor disputes, supplies or material shortage; acts of local, state, national, civil, or other authorities or public agencies; utilities or communication failures, accidents, strikes, transportation problems, or any acts or cause that does not normally occur in the ordinary course of Seller's business.

lets hope it wasn't an act of god....
[post=517964]Quoted post[/post]​

lol, very true.

Well UPS is finally saying that the package is in transit and has made 2 stops in cali so far (unfortinatly it says expected TOA is july 5th :(

I kinda wanted to drive up north next weekend. DEFENTLY not happening with my buggy cord, dog leash, zip tie, ghetto exhaust clamps, exhaust.

ryosr20

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

of course Raypino... they are cool people... I think you can write to

info@driftspeed.com

or

esales@driftspeed.com

or even better
you can always call them at
714-379-5233

I can guarantee their service and quality... I'm their real regular customer.... just contact them.....

Originally posted by corvetteguy@Jun 29 2005, 10:28 AM
Any reputible company will have a phone posted on their site..if not i would stay far away
[post=517975]Quoted post[/post]​

:withstupid:

i dont order shit if i cant get someone on the phone

I work for a Nissan dealership and we do a lot of shipouts. I'm the customer service rep so I know how some packages get lost at times and that "Electronic Billing Info received" message has come up with some of my customers.
But most of the time, the package is nowhere to be found and the process to research it can take time (especially when you've got X amount of emails to answer and many other people asking shit left and right).
It usually turns out that UPS did pick it up but forgot to scan the Ground package once it arrived at their sorting facility. In that case, the package usually appears miraculously at the buyer's door after several days delay.

I would give them about 9 more days before you do a charge back. That's the usual time needed to get everything straightened out and delivered.

But you are right, they should have been more sincere in their responses. The two line email isn't really something to worry about, most emails I send out tend to be short but the person should've given you their name.

On a side note, I got my brandnew RS*R Exmag for $375.00 delivered.... ah... the joys of working for a dealer :)

Originally posted by La_Pieuvre@Jun 29 2005, 12:32 PM

On a side note, I got my brandnew RS*R Exmag for $375.00 delivered.... ah... the joys of working for a dealer :)
[post=518041]Quoted post[/post]​

where were you last week :(

Originally posted by E_SolSi+Jun 29 2005, 05:16 PM-->
corvetteguy
@Jun 29 2005, 10:28 AM
Any reputible company will have a phone posted on their site..if not i would stay far away
[post=517975]Quoted post[/post]​

:withstupid:

i dont order shit if i cant get someone on the phone
[post=518027]Quoted post[/post]​

Yip, even Streetrays has a phone number, and they don't even like picking up in person (at least back when I ordered from them).

I like things like this...

Please contact us by phone or email for any questions or comments, all emails will be answered within few hours. You can also fill out the following form and submit it to us directly.

a little update for everyone.

alright it FINALLY came. exactly 2 weeks after I ordered. VERY SLOW shipping, but it was the best price I could find.

So the verdit on driftspeed. Good prices but VERY slow shipping. Make your own judgements from there. Brand new, all parts there.

Now its time for me to install it. Should be out of the garage in an hour or so (my old exhaust is all one peice so its going to be a bitch to take off) I will have to drop the LCA. Bolts won't be seized since I just took the bolts off 3 weeks ago, but since I don't have air tools with me anymore, its going to take a little bit longer.

Originally posted by asmallsol@Jul 5 2005, 09:33 PM
a little update for everyone.

alright it FINALLY came. exactly 2 weeks after I ordered. VERY SLOW shipping, but it was the best price I could find.

So the verdit on driftspeed. Good prices but VERY slow shipping. Make your own judgements from there. Brand new, all parts there.

Now its time for me to install it. Should be out of the garage in an hour or so (my old exhaust is all one peice so its going to be a bitch to take off) I will have to drop the LCA. Bolts won't be seized since I just took the bolts off 3 weeks ago, but since I don't have air tools with me anymore, its going to take a little bit longer.
[post=521155]Quoted post[/post]​

Told ya. :p

:rainfro:

Back